View Single Post
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 18:16   #33
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Yo, Communists (part one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
To be fair, it is in response to someone asking a question. Whether a maximal position (i.e. the full extent of what I've described) is possible is certainly debatable. However, there are literally billions of steps in that direction. Are we saying that none of them are possible? That we can't ease any of the suffering or injustice or whatever that exists in the world?

(Obviously that's a rhetorical question, of course we can ease these things and indeed that is what we should do collectively speaking.)
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be patronising. I'm just a bit of a cynic, I suppose. I don't accept that humans will ever collectively acknowledge that communism (or anything else, for that matter) is indisputably the best thing for everyone. Indeed, this seems such an unrealisable objective, without significant acts of despotism, that I cannot understand why anyone bothers thinking about it at all.
Of course, I assume you've heard all this before, and you must have thought about it. You must have thought about the process of revolution and the consolidation of a communist community. How do you suppose it could practically work? Essentially, I'm wondering whether you (or anyone else) view communism as a moral or ideological principle or a realisable policital and socio-economic aim.