Thread: Incest is best?
View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2007, 01:55   #32
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Incest is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
I do'nt really know enough about HIV to have a good answer about that. As far as I know people with HIV can lead a normal life (besides taking cocktails of pills), right?
HIV is a precursor to a terminal disease - AIDS. There is no cure although, where available, a cocktail of extremely powerful retro-viral drugs can delay the onset of full blown AIDS. These drugs have considerable side-effects and the most effective are prohibitively expensive. It should also be noted that there are different strains of HIV with the best drugs being developed for those that generally affect 1st world Caucasians. If you have the misfortune to be a black African you will be dead inside 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball
I'm fairly sure there's a cocktail of drugs to give HIV+ pregnant mothers to try to stop the child getting HIV.
In a case where a pregnant woman receives no treatment there is about a 1 in 4 chance the child will be born with HIV. This drops to almost nil where treatment is available. Unfortunately, even those children who dodge that bullet can later be infected through their mothers breast milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbychecker
Things like hereditary diseases and higher risk of downs syndrome with mothers over 40 can be got around with embryo screening
The embryos of sibling couples can also be screened. Unless it is your contention that genetic defects caused by incest are somehow magical in nature and defy current medical screening technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i personally find it utterly disgusting that these people have to justify themselves to others who feel their repressed sexual hang ups and learned social norms give them some kind of entitlement to tell these people what is right and wrong.
The only way I could improve this sentence would be to add a capital I at the beginning.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote