View Single Post
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 14:45   #40
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ailments and Freakishness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
You just need to see everyone as an anthropological experiment.

For my part I have particularly bad stress.

Its annoying because its mostly irrational but often becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. This has led to all manner of worrying things. I'm not sure which the worst was but a couple of years ago I had Psoriasis covering pretty much my entire body. It lasted 6 months and went away as soon as i got a new job, like that very day. I also get mild insomnia and feel tired all the time.
In case of insomnia and daytime sleepyness, try these:
-Stable daily rhytm; wake up at around dawn each day, go to sleep at the same time each evening, get about 8h of sleep each day. This gets the circadian working for you, and counteracts daytime drousiness.
-Excercise.
-Eat healthy, proper diet is essential for a healthy sleeprhytm.

Just my take, sadly none of those worked for me. In the army I actually fell asleep while standing in full combat gear(not a case of exhaustion, we'd only just left the base the day before so we were all still fresh)... Was later determined it was a side effect of my ADHD, luckily the medication takes care of both issues.