View Single Post
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 23:51   #5
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Ailments and Freakishness

Haemophilia - When I was young never used to be much of a problem. Would have the occasional bleed from football which I would have to go to hospital for but then my mother learnt to treat me and I managed to avoid aids from the old style of treatment so it was all good! then I went and got...

Crohns - Which was an absolute pain. Took months to diagnose and I spent about a year having a blood transfusion every week. Did spend about 6 years though where everytime I did exercise (5 a side football, swimming, squash, even table tennis heh) I had huge internal bleeding from ulcers and would end up in hospital again. Eventually they wanted me to stop eating and put a tube directly into my stomach which I would then be drip fed off each night. At this point some consultant made an off the cuff comment that my Crohns wouldn't be noticeable where it not for the haemophilia so rather than make me have this tube (I was hugely against it) my mother put me on prophylaxis treatment for the haemophilia in the hope it would stop the Crohns bleeding. This kinda worked but then I spent 6 months in hospital before my A levels after around 18 months of feeling shit so they just cut it all out. Apparently you aren't allowed to keep your own organs now though which was kind of disappointing. Generally not too bad nowadays but I still get flareups every 6 months or so and all the tablets give me regular joint pains.

Weirdly other than these two things I've been fairly healthy.