View Single Post
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 09:09   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: To the gaming comunity out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
But now I'm in my mid-twenties, I do feel vaguely dissatisfied if I spend a lot of time which has been unproductive. Not because of guilt, but simply because I realise there's a finite amount of hours left and doing something which has no sort of reward is pointless.
Like knowledge, the pursuit of enjoyment is its own reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
At the other end there's things like Solitaire. I was playing Solitaire the other night on a PDA and I found mysel fthinking "wtf am I doing?". It was a pointless exercise which had no reward (not even internally to the process) and so I stopped immediately.
Personally, I swear at myself if I start to play Solitaire, but for other reasons. Solitaire is a terrible, terrible game; whether you win or not is less decided by skill, but more by the luck of how the cards draw out. (This is entirely because they don't let you put anything other than a king in an empty row, by the way.) You can play perfectly and still not win. Hell, I've played games where it's been impossible to do anything at all.

Minesweeper is also imperfect, because pmce again there's luck involved. I can't remember playing a game of Minesweeper on "Expert" which didn't involve guessing (well, that's a bit strong, but "an uncertain move") at some stage.

FreeCell is a good game. Whether you win or lose is entirely determined by how YOU play. Unless you're playing -1 or -2.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote