View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 14:14   #34
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold
Re: [football] barca chelski

No, but Barcelona entertain.

Breaking the Man Utd / Arsenal axis is probably a good thing, but im not sure it is a good thing _at any cost_. What if Chelsea didnt have the money they do? The title race this year would be good. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Who knows, even Chelsea pre Chelski could have got there on merit. Maybe Tottenham would have kicked on ANOTHER gear.

I'm very well aware i'm bitter, i dont deny that. However;

As much as i disliked (and still do dislike) Man utd's last minute winner policy that won them so many titles, they were _entertaining_.

As much as i disliked (and still do dislike) Arsenal's diving and unbelievable flukery at times, when they were in full flow, they were _entertaining_.

What are chelsea? Who's interested in seeing a bunch of souped up london thug fans buy a title and grind out results they probably dont always deserve, irritating everyone in the process?

Remember the Pompey fans applauding Arsenal off the pitch when they demolished them? Ask yourself whether that would happen now with Chelsea. I dont think so
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote