View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 14:38   #10
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The end of british democracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleykins
You feel that it is appropriate for a large group of people to get together in protest, and not be protected?
I feel it is inappropriate for people who have neither committed a crime or been charged with one to be locked up for upto 28 days on the governments whim.

This is as much about protecting the protestors as the Iraq War was about bring democracy to Iraq, i.e. not at all, though I think you might question that.

Quote:
We are using the powers defensively,
Who are 'We'? And why do you think that includes you?

Quote:
and taking the initiative here, needless to say i doubt you would not hesitate to thank the government, had the found a terrorist with a big bomb attached to him that would have killed everyone there, and when we stop taking these matters seriously, such as relaxing the tight grip on security that will lead to ever more chances for death and destruction.
Why don't we just give up all of our rights and live in a Police State? We won't have any freedom but at least we'll all be safe.

Quote:
I like to have my rights as much as anyone else, but even i see the need for such measures.
I fear that most people don't value their rights at all, and in that regard I believe that you do give them the same value.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote