View Single Post
Unread 5 Feb 2005, 13:13   #32
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Cheque bouncing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
No

Apparently retail places have some business number so when they cash the cheque, it goes through on that.

So if I'd written my card number etc on the back of the cheque, you think it'd have gone through?

Well, it's done now. There isn't much I can do really
If you pay by cheque in a shop, they will ask you for your card, and will write down all the details on the back of the cheque. The guarantee is for other peoples benefit, not yours- it's not intended to be used as an overdraft. If you'd written the number on the back, the receiver would have had no problems paying it in, but you would probably have been charged...