View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 14:09   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the Union Forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If 110% of all people in the UK wanted the government to focus, to the detriment of anything else, on researching faster than light travel I still don't think they should do it.
Erm...yeah, but that's not really an argument against more representative states. States which aren't representative of their citizens are probably more likely to undertake policies damaging to their population (or damaging to freedom or the general good or whatever). More democratic governments might tend towards mob-rule from time to time, but in general I'd bet on those against a less-democratic regime*.
Quote:
Smaller nation states aren't necessarily benign. Smaller nation states are also easier to coerce.
Absolutley. This is one of the arguments people have used about the United States (and arguably EU) foriegn policy in recent years. Pushing self-determination abroad (to create ever tinier states - the obvious example being the Balkans) who will be be easier to push around. In this case though, I doubt that applies here though - Northern Europe is hardly the world's whipping boy quite yet.

* = Obviously I'm talking about a government with a constitutional framework of some description.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote