View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 08:55   #22
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Re: the Union Forever?

The Scots traditionally have a more independant mind set, i surmise the whole hadrians wall has something to do with it, along with their monarchy surviving longer, and a clan mind set, their better and longer friendly connections with the french and historically a bit more independant history than other sections of the UK. (i'm ignoring Ireland in that, synopsis)

Now dont get me wrong, i find nothing wrong with that, pride in your culture and history is good, it gives u a sense of belonging and empowerment.
And if i firmly believed that Scotland and Wales were better off without being in the UK, i'd parade up the streets with them in their defence, but i dont, on some points they would be, but on a majority they would not.

(On the Irish issue i dont believe we should still be there and a united Irish Nation would be the best thing for them )
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote