Thread: Ally limits
View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2012, 22:00   #42
Truhatred

Truhatred is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ally limits

Amnion I believe your wrong in the sense that ult would just become more Elite if alliance sizes dropped. As some of ults benefits is they have quite a bit of active people and people willing to log on and send def fleets whenever sms'ed. The draw back for them is that dropping your ally # in half you would lose a lot of people that are there to pretty much "support" the top of the ally. Being in Ult i see how things work. They are a solid ally and i see why they win. But I also see flaws which can be fixed but will be common in most Big allies. Such as: People dc for themselves not really for anyone else during big attacks. There isnt anything taken into account like "cover this person because it takes 50% the fleet and the roid loss is more". Its more like who you know in the ally and who you have in your pocket that will save fleets for you. They also get quite a few gals that fort pretty well with 6-8 Ult's in one gal. Doing this in a lower tag round would hurt you more than benefit you as there is more people that can attack you, less defence fleets within the tag and practically none within the gal except the ones recieving incs as well.

As far as having the same allies competing for #1. Of course its been the same round after round? In order to even join an ally in this game thats on top you have to know people to get in, and if these allies stick around they will always recruit the top players from other allies as they get better and they need new members. There is enough good members in the universe to make a strong 4th ally though. People just have to have the capability of giving up power and merge with another ally to bring those members together. I tried to talk Grog into merging DLR with another ally because all the players we needed were there, we just never had enough to make a full tag and Grog preferred to only have 30-40 members and tbh I understand why. I enjoyed playing with only 30 members in my ally than 70.
Truhatred is offline   Reply With Quote