View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 11:10   #45
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Drastically lower alliance tag limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
First of all, I would like you to look at your last post, you argue that we're running out of arguments for reducing the limits, while you turn to insults when people produce arguments. That is a rather negative way to argue, and can best be described as trolling.

Read the last line of my post one more time, and I think you will find the answers there.
What I pointed out in your post is not trolling, it's called aporia. Arguably, my last lines might come close to what's called trolling, fair enough. I shall refrain from such comments. But please enlighten me how your posting about the boredom - tag-limit-size correlation you described is not a paradoxon in itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly View Post
Surely he's referring to the fact that if the smaller allies are busy fighting each other for their own determined goals then the larger ally, being ignored, will suffer from a lack of goals faster.
But "ignoring the larger" alliance surely is unrelated to the tag limit. Alliances could do that right now, so there's no need to change the tag limit to get that result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly View Post
Also nobody likes people who claim victory on message boards, for all you know people could have replied initially then gone to work and intended to follow it up when they get back, it's just a bit of E-go stroking, transparent at best.
I'm sorry right there, it was not supposed to be ego stroking, just a bit of disappointment in the quality of arguments brought up here by certain people. I can perfectly understand if people post, go to work and then come back. That's cool. But posting 5 lines of unholdable arguments, and then reply to counter arguments without actually backing up your initial argument or counter-counter arguments is something that disappoints me. That's what I wanted to point out, maybe in a little too witty way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6690/image1ddi.png

The red line is the alliance limit of each round, using the primary Y-axis.
The blue line is the average members per alliance in each round, using the primary Y-axis.
The green line is the number of alliances playing each round, using the secondary Y-axis.
Thanks for that. So we can see that lowering alliance member limit has no influence on the number of alliances playing, and no influence on the average members per alliance. See the development of avg members per alliance and number of alliance for the rounds where the tag limit was constant. Granted, that was not really stastitical methods applied, but if wanted, I can do that, too.