View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2009, 08:55   #26
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: Drastically lower alliance tag limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
There's more of the community in xvx and ascendancy than there is in all those smaller bgs put together you ****ing moron. Jesus ****ing christ can people not even add
LoL quite constructive tbh.

and looking at tags etc i'd say the numbers are about equal (altough that is beside the point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by light
Its come when the round has only just started, using this round as the basis for lowering the alliance limit.. When we all knew going into the round Asc would dominate weither the alliance limit was 120, 90, or 60.
Agreed, i should've suggested it before this round started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Thing is, there won't be an Asc A vs. Asc B team. It might just mean that more people in Ascendancy will take a laid back approach and play support planets for the tag that will form. Well, either that, or multiple tags blocking. And personally I think that an alliance ranking consisting of top 3 or top 5 tags all being asc is far worse than the current situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
1. Alliances dont have to abide by it, can keep all there members and just use multiple tags.
This could indeed happen, but would you really play for an tag that can't win, or join an ally/bg that can fight the #1 alliance with equal power (i imagine 40 planets in a tag is doable for everyone). I think rather then those asc mid-section playing in a 2nd-3rd tag, they can be drawn out to play for another alliance. (Afaik, they haven't been Asc for their entire pa career, so why would they stay asc).

Next to that we still have the support rule that could be re-invoked

Quote:
2. Not enough command staff, each alliance would need DC's, BC's, HC's and Planetarion community doesnt have enough.
We saw 7 new alliances this round, all with their respective dc/bc/hc 's.
I'm pretty sure that theirs plenty of people willing to give it a try if giving the chance. At the moment it's just not possible to create an alliance, and be successfull. It's the swarm of small alliances that made Pa big around 2000, cause everyone could start something and see how it goes.

Quote:
3. lower-tiered players will be forced into lower ranking alliances and will get less defence due to it. The top small alliances wont accept anyone below par..
How is this any difference then now? Planetarion isn't hard to play, it's a ridicoulously easy game, you just need to be active, if a new player can bring that up, i'd take him in any time. He'll develop the necessary skills fast enough.

Quote:
4. Scanners? where are all these new alliances going to find dedicated scanners? you'll have multiple alliances without scan coverage.
Agreed, but then again the scanning system has been flawed for ages.