Thread: My Resignation
View Single Post
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 14:48   #1
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
My Resignation

Today i handed my 'notice' in to Spinner. This is due to rl pressures and workload, and the chance to get out there and have a 'proper' real life.
I've been with the game since i was 13, so such a change has been a long time in the making!
And so to the list of thanks, in no particular order:
  • The Creators, without which none of this would have happened!
  • The Southampton 'lot', including A2, who's been a listening ear, an advisor, and a damn good friend, Kloopy, who's also been a listener and a great friend, and snow, for being the most bizarre but inspiring person i've ever met!
  • Zeus, for inspiring confidence, giving me advice, help, moral support and a point in the right direction right from the start. Thanks
  • DJ_Bass and GoLdEnEyE, for starting this off for me in a major way by seeing past my age enough to trust me.
  • MrBrick, for keeping me sane when all else looked glum!
  • JammyJim, for never once making me a mod, for which, no doubt, i will be eternally grateful
  • Ashknight, for being a guiding light into the world of PA, and a great person to talk to and have as a friend - thankyou!
  • Mendosa, for being there and improving my assertiveness no end
  • Noodles, for also being there, and being the one regular #planetarion op i've never had a complaint about. Made life easier, thanks
  • Yam and Phil^ for being the most insanely active people on IRC i've ever encountered
  • All the other #planetarion ops and official channels staff i've worked with over the years, for being generally helpful and friendly
  • And anyone else i've missed, as i'm bound to have missed someone. If you've ever helped me while i've been in PAteam, you're appreciated, thanks =)

This is the end for my PAteam life, and for the most part of my PA life too. I will still be around, just not half as much as i used to be.
I intend to stay as a #planetarion op, to give people a prod in the right direction if they'll still trust my judgement, and to help the handover to whoever may succeed me be as channels manager.
As (most of) you know, i've been managing #Planetarion for almost 2 years. I know most of you on here dislike the channel, but it has always disappointed me to see the same old school of thought being shown over and over again - people who haven't been in the channel for 2 years saying "oh its ****". I've always been open to suggestions on how to improve the channel, and i've made many suggestions become a reality. I know the channel's not perfect, and i've never pretended it is. But all the time i've been in PAteam, i've been trying to make a difference - in both #planetarion and PAteam itself - and trying to make everything seem a bit more accessible to everyone. In some respects, it's worked, in some respects it hasn't, and other respects, things (usually attitudes) will never change, unfortunate as it is. But i don't wish to end this thread on a sour note - people have generally been great during my time around here, and i wish to thank the community for that.
And so i wish PAteam and the Creators the best for the future, and trundle merrily off.

Thanks for your time!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Mushroom; 24 Sep 2003 at 14:55.
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote