Thread: Touch-typing
View Single Post
Unread 5 May 2007, 15:59   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Touch-typing

I remember only ever using one finger per hand to type when I was about 10, but as I got older, like Pabs said, it just evolved to the point where I can almost touch-type. I've tried to "re-learn" to type using the formal methods, but I find it incredibly frustrating (just as Weeks said) and give up.

I have two possible theroes/excuses.
1. I simply have learnt too many bad habits and don't have the motivation to unlearn them (this is true with a lot of programming stuff but much less so than a few years ago).
2. My hands are the wrong shape/size. They don't seem to fit where your fingers should sit according to the diagrams I've seen. Since most typists (originally) were women (possibly, I've no evidence at all for that statement), is there a optimal range for certain styles of typing which is likely to be quite low?

edit : Most "one finger" typists I've seen to tend to use their little finger occassionally, even if only for occassional use of the shift key.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote