View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 15:21   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: OiNK closed down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Sucks, but life goes on. I'm sure I'll find another place to get my fix.
Sucks?

This is a large victory for the average musician.

While we all know that the "big stars" can cope and probably don't notice the loss on earnings that illegal downloads brings them. How do you think the average musician feels when he / she relies on those royalty payments from sales to pay his / her mortgage or put food on their family's table?

If you want an album - go out and buy it or download it from somewhere like iTunes. If you don't want an entire album, buy the bits that you do, again, from somewhere like iTunes & stop ****ing over the average Joe (like me) trying to make a living in the industry to put food on the table.

While the large stars get paid an awful lot, those of us that record their music / set up their microphones / mix their sound so it's actually listenable get paid sod all.

You're absolutely right when you download music that you're not skewing over the star on the front of the album, but you are the countless people who actually get that album recorded / produced and out for you to listen too.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote