View Single Post
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 10:46   #130
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Quote:
Yes and no; you fire first in a trade off with armour or firepower or a bit of both. Xan, obviously, have high firepower good initiative and extremely low armour. That, and given the nature of the combat engine, means that Xan losses are magnified - thus making it more important for them to fire first on key enemy ships. That is balanced.
No, that's making big xans physically impossible to roid for anyone not cathaar which means they accumulate vast amounts of value and wildly imbalance the racial dynamic.

Quote:
Having a ship with good firepower, low armour and firing last, given the current combat formula environment, means that ship is for all intents and purposes useless, as it simply dies cheaply before getting off a shot. That is not balanced.
Nor does such a ship exist in greater numbers than in any other race.

Quote:
Xan ships that fire late need more armour than those that fire early. Thus Xan, who as a race typically fire early with low armour are "balanced" in that general sense. Having a sterotypical Xan ship that fires late doesnt fit into their general scheme, and is probably underpowered, but not necessarily so.
They don't have one of those.

Quote:
Thus, i believe that your assertion is incorrect.
I'm not entirely sure you actually read my post heh.