View Single Post
Unread 25 May 2008, 12:55   #50
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Child poverty in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What are your three jobs?
I work at my uni teaching economics to first years, i work as a salesman - between these two jobs I can easily get 10 hours of work a day averaging about A$70* per hour (which is now about US$66 an hour). On the weekends i work as a lemming on a production line which doesnt pay nearly as well (about $22*), but again i can get plenty of hours in. So, 10-12 hours of day of work (which doesnt include travel to and fro, and 15 mins for lunch), 7 days a week. Further, i live quite frugally, so i manage to accumulate quite a bit of money per week.

now, as this is an internet forum, i dont feel like i have to go into huge amounts of detail about what i actually do each day, what i spend my money on, who i sleep with. I dont think thats appropriate. If, Zar, you dont believe me, then frankly i dont care. I will still accumulate money regardless of whether you think its possible for me to do so. Hopefully i'll be able to retire in 15-20 years so i dont have to work my arse off, sleep <=4 hours a day (though playing PA helped with that ) and get a good start in life. Whilst i dont pretend to come from the most dirt poor upbringings, it was modest. My parents were able to afford a private school education (UK=public school) and that was about it. It was up to me to make something of it, which i am endeavouring to do.

Thus, in true GD style, is this where i ask you to fk off and die?

*before tax ::cry::
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote