View Single Post
Unread 12 May 2010, 21:01   #171
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Asc/THINLYVEILEDTHREAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I considerered that you were probably not being serious, but i still think my response is relevant. Lets come up with 3 examples where you manipulated other alliances to do your dirtywork.

Round 32, when Asc participated in a block to hit apprime, then jumping off in order to secure planet ranks in round 32. Round 32 planet rankings
Okay, let's put this in context. In round 32, Ascendancy were a small band (effectively its core) with a chance of winning that was very small and the threat that it would be a smothered by an alliance with a full tag. It's not that we were a bad alliance - round 32 is one of Ascendancy's finest vintages, but the maths to make us win was so ridiculous, playing any other way just wasn't worth it.

Yes we did participate in a block to hurt Apprime. The alternative was to let Apprime grow and basically walk all over us. In the end we put Apprime in a position where it was either work with us or face days out of days of pretty dull until you all quit. Given the choice that Apprime made (which was to win the round and give Ascendancy the opportunity to cap ****tons of roids), I don't see what the issue is here. The alternative was a Vision style r36 victory for one of the other alliances and you seem to utterly hate that.

This was a clear issue of ensuring our survival and getting the best possible individual and galaxy rankings because these were the only ones we could win. I cannot see how this is an unreasonable strategy in the circumstances.

Quote:
Round 33, Ascendancy took the back seat and somehow convinced everyone to keep hitting Apprime, even though Ascendancy were sitting on a lot more roids. They then took advantage of the block hitting Apprime, and fleetcaught a number of Apprime planets. Later that round, Apprime were forced to fight Ascendancy in order to win. A rested Ascendancy, who had a block to back them up on hitting Apprime, had no problems finishing off Apprime with superior value and roids.
I was hideously inactive in round 33, but I don't see how you can ever complain at one of your direct rivals playing politics to beat you. My only response is that you need to get some better politics.

Quote:
Round 36, where you made a big deal about Apprime having many top10/50/100 planets. As soon as you had the chance, you jumped the bandwagon in order to secure planetranks. Round 36 planet ranks
Interesting thought right there. In the end Apprime dug their own hole for a number of reasons ranging from fencing that limited your target base, NAPs that secured the position of your rivals and a habit of alienating rivals with threats you were never going to back up. We did act to secure the #1 planet, as we had our own contender and we weren't prepared to pass over the chance of ****ing over a planet with the political track record of dmnts.

Quote:
Ascendancy made statements in round30 and 31, about how unfair blocking was, and everyone were pussies. They did the same thing to Apprime 3 times the last 5 rounds. But hey, as long as Ascendancy was in the block, it was ok. Hypocrite.
In round 30 we pretty much fought our way out of a hole with one of the finest all round Planetarion performances you will ever see. From taking on our most difficult opponents at a massive cost to our growth early on, to taking a hit from the whole universe, to outroiding everyone at a phenomenal rate, to exploiting the political and score situation in the closing stages to achieve a famous victory. I don't see how any of this is bad, or indeed unreasonable when you are trying to win.

In Round 31, we pretty much admitted defeat, napped xVx and everyone else pretty much decided to hit xVx and gift us the win. We were pretty ****ing complacent and I take little pride from r31, but what the **** do you want us to do if the opposition win the round for us? We didn't ask for it and quite honestly, winning was pretty embarrassing.

Quote:
You may keep calling Apprime the little brother who have something to prove, but atleast we will never make a block to kill one alliance, or let planetranks decide our politics. We may have a big mouth at times, but in most cases they certainly deserved it. People should try imagine how its like being blocked up against in 5 out of 5 rounds played (asc only 2 lol, maybe you are the ones who have something to prove). With a record like this, we should be allowed to make bold statements. Fact is, everyone except apprime have at some point participated in such a block.
If being able to win through methods other than crushing levels of activity is a crime, guilty as charged. You may dislike our strategies, but I don't see how bludgeoning your way through the universe is a worthwhile thing to be repeating round after round.