View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2007, 17:52   #32
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all
Re: Who watches the Watchers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmV0rl0n
But "mockery of the planet ranks if one assumes they are designed to reflect individual effort and "skill" over the course of a round." Some of you alliance whores really do take the biscuit. Seriously.

Stop saying it is? No, I won't. While its not *exactly* that way, just because the method is different does not mitigate or reduce its effects. When you play in an alliance, you have numerous planets operating in support of you, be it scanning, defense, attacking, or access to tools and operations not available to 'individual' players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
cooperation in the strict sense means i give something and get something in return.
how do you find this so difficult to understand? Alliances exist as a way for planets to mutually support each other, you defend people and they defend you back, they scan for you and you donate them res, you attack together to decrease the possibility of your wave being defended. It's give and take.

In no way did the other planets in his galaxy gain from it. They existed soley for the support of that one planet, going as far (i seem to remember) of crashing fleets to turn into salvage so they could donate more. Theirs no take in the relationship.

And as far as the bollocks your talking about with allowing more ways to play, what game are you seriously wanting to play? Donating res on the last day negates all reason to actually fight for 2 months, if thats the sort of game you really want to play then you'll find yourself very lonely.

All this however is rather off topic.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote