View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2007, 13:47   #12
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who watches the Watchers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-
I found the way that Greenhills galaxy stood together and put thier common goal ahead of indivdual interests about rank etc. and actually played so well together that they got uni rank 1 very nice.

One could say there should be limitations to donations etc. which has been put in this round, but at no way where the any questions of it beeing abuse of the EULA as in the case of out of tag support planets etc.

There is a big difference on galaxy and alliance in that way.
Not in the EULA it is not.
And incredibly, what was said to me was that on the one hand, it was going to be applied like hemaroid creme and chili powder on Alliance / players who broke the section, but was never going to be applied in galaxies / players. And yet the disaster that is the EULA states that the rule applies to organisations, and specifically names *Galaxies* and Alliances.

Thus scanning for your gal and being a veritable 'support planet' is legal, and wholly at odds with the EULA, where as its illegal on days that begin with 'T', if remy sees you, if you have odd shaped features.

*Disclaimer* I can't flogging believe I am defending scanners and scanning activity. But I am..

Scanning.
----------

The game has scanners. Period. They do things which support other planets, galaxies, and alliances. You've allowed people to do this, now you're applying stupid arcane EULA rulings, totally at odds with the EULA. While I agree that in 'spirit', the theory that you'd not touch someone in gal scanning, but do touch those beyond is a problem.

If you wish to provide things in game that would help people know about scanners, that would be great. If there is a mismatch about scanning, and balance, fix it.

Scanners have *ALWAYS* been a form of support planet. The difference is that their legality was something that was deemed 'legal'.

The bottom line comes with the theory that out of tag scanners are evil, and allow an alliance to have higher score.
The downside of having them out of tag, to me is the strategic disadvantage that financing the scanning operation, because you can't pass them funds to cover the scanning out of tag IS reason enough to leave it alone. Its a balance issue, not an issue to throw people out of games.

Final disclaimer. This game is a galactic game of warfare. You are going to get support from people, and make alliances and friends, enemies and thus, its wholly possible to have many 'support' planets helping you, deffing you, attacking with you, scanning for you, scanning against you, even in repetition. Thus the support planet rules and how they are applied in arbitration come down to 'interpretation'. I believe that alliances and players should have free unfettered access to the resources in the game and use them for any purpose (Yupp, scanning, ship factories, farming, any strategy). Those who come up with the best plans - win. The attempts to limit this, and set arcane rules is the wrong direction.
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote