View Single Post
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 17:54   #47
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Planetarion Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
I've got a revised version in the same place
http://apexwebgaming.com/planetarion/

Apart from the ending where planetarion is really in your face, I don't think MrLobsters banner would work as advertising.

First off, I want people seeing it to know what they're clicking on before clicking (so they will convert better).
I want them to know that this is a serious game, but I have changed obsessive now.

I don't think the actual text used on MrLobster's really mean anything, it might to existing players but not anyone looking at the ad.

So... what do you think of this one? I might still change the Logo to be similar to the ending of MrLobster's banner.

Also, if MrLobster agrees I will try and split test the two banners, see which works better.
When I compare the two, I prefer MrLobster's form an aesthetic point of view. I think it looks more professional (more like the sort of banner I;ve seen for other games).

I find your banner to visually distracting - text in multiple locations, lots of moving bits.

I have no idea which version would be more sucessful as an advert though.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote