View Single Post
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:43   #8
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Planetarion Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
oh and the "7 weeks" part doesn't?
yet..it's all true.. now other than saying 'if you're a sad, lonely and old git (like us) this game is perfect for you' what do you propose?

While i agree with voodoo and juice, I wouldn' change the word obsessive,i'd change the entire sentence it is use on.

Let's think about what we are trying to say about the game. 'only the obsessive will survive' - I don't play obsessively, yet usually I like to think I survive the round.

If you make it sound too difficult to survive the round (oor get any result) then you won't attract many new players..instead you will get a few mathgeeks who see the challenge in beating the stats.

Should talk about the key points that make Planetarion worth playing. Like 'Stratergy' 'Community' 'Sci-Fi' 'War' 'Controlling a civilisation'

Getting back to the sentence.. perhaps something like 'Strategic supremercy will define the universe'

Also, like Entropy mentioned, I don't like the 7weeks part at the end.. it may shy away those mildly interested in the game. I feel they can find that out later or by reading the portal.

I wouldn't even say join us, sounds like we are desperate for new players. So maybe instead something like 'Prepare your armada, expect war!'

So you could end up with a script like...

'The game the defiend all space games'
'Is back for another round'
'Strategic supremercy will define the universe'
Planetarion
'Prepare your armada, expect war!'

I think this would be more approachable and attract more interest - Not everyone connected to the internet with an interest in the sci-fi genre is an obsessive geek with nothing to do but dominate the universe

Hope this is of use, sorry for being long winded, but trying to be constructive with my comments.