View Single Post
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 15:48   #44
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Do You Like Drink While Gamming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Correct. Just baning someone because he signed up and made 1 post doesn't really constitue spamming :s

And were in clause 1 does it say about banning again?

At least when I did it I acted on a compmplaint -and- tried to resove it by a simple edit / warn. I only banned when these attempts failed.

Personally I can't see what he's done wrong, this is 'General Discussion' why should he get banned for just posting asking what his favorite drink to game with is?

tbh you can't flame me for what I did then go do this yourself furball.

Double Standards for the loose.
He was spamming. We've seen this before, many a time. this exact strategy. Last time it was chocolate milk.

the thread should be been deleted (or at least locked) and the user banned. If this is not in the rules then it should be.

the only issue I can see here is if it was Furball's position to make the call and ban the user. Whilst I do not believe it was, his actions were correct. there must be a certain flexibility in the rules to avoid becoming too bureaucratic. this clearly being spam on a users first post, I'm not too fussed over who bans the user. Seeing as Furball is a regular visitor to GD he has the relative knowledge (I would hope) to make the correct decision.

the problem comes when action is taken when there are other mods for GD online or when action is taken against users who have been here for a while. For example, if Furball had banned one of the old guys who have returned then the situation would have been different. But this is a very simple case and was dealt with in an appropriate manner.

As long as cross-board modding goes no further than this then everything should be fine.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote