View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2006, 14:06   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 1up's not-ingame members

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The alliance limits are a farce. They're a stupid attempt to limit the amount of political moves in the game through imposing extra-ordinary rules. I agree with lokken if you want to do it properly just code it so that only alliance members can defend each other. Stopping attack co-operation is impossible. It's stopping politics. Planetarion without politics is only mildly better than planetarion without irc.
How does a limit on the size of alliances limit the number of political moves?

We need to limit alliance sizes otherwise all of the most hardcore players will just congregate in the top 4 alliances. As I'm sure you realise, this would be a bad thing and in fact would limit politics. At present I see 8 or 9 alliances with the ability to sway the political situation, which means more room for political manouvering - my favourite part of the game. Moreover, a blocks situation without alliance limits would never be much more than 2 vs 2. At present it could be 4 v 4, 5 v 3, 5 v 4 and so on.

As for coding defence to ban it OOAOOG, I think this is a terrible idea as it would wreck alliance co-operation and make huge fleetcatches a thing of the past. The game itself would become a whole lot more boring.