Thread: the BBC
View Single Post
Unread 29 May 2006, 09:17   #25
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: the BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General8
The bill is from ITV not the bbc and it was wired watching here in OZ and it still having the ITV colours at the bottom of the screen

all in all i was suprised at the amount of british stuff on aussie TV, esp Parkinson.

Also was nice to see Faulty towers on the other night

and Ultimate Newbie im with you on the skipping adverts, windows media centre ftw
NFI, I just assumed 90% of British content comes from the BBC, I usually see their logo plastered all over the credits etc.

As for newbie's comment, I'd agree it's tolerated, but partly that comes from the fact we are used to seeing it, I mean I mentally block out all the adds myself, 90% of the time I'm not even aware the adds are showing.

Besides it's always been a good excuse to quickly grab a drink, heat up a microwave dinner or go out for a smoke etc before watching the rest of the show.