View Single Post
Unread 18 Dec 2004, 22:47   #9
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Re: ND's Christmas Surprise

Mad Cat
(Character accepted)

You're one of the few Heavy Marines who actually has his heavy gear equipped, though at the moment you aren't exactly glad of it. You're in one of the many perimeter Towers, supposedly guarding the surface perimeter of the base. Not that anything living could get through the blizzard raging outside, of course. You're armed with your reinforced, cybernetically-wired heavy armour as well as your heavy weapon (Pulse Minigun/Heavy Flamethrower - pick one). You're on guard duty, out in one of the towers, on your own - since on Heavy Marine should supposedly be able to hold his own if one of the towers came under attack, at least long enough for reinforcements to arrive. Or something. You are swelteringly hot, under the thick layers of armour, and it suddenly strikes you that there's probably a temperature control for the tower somewhere nearby. Maybe you should try and find it...

Crazy
Dr Mortley initially looks surprised, but as your righteous outburst continues, his expression changes untill by the end of it he is practically apoplectic with rage.

"Now you listen to me!" He begins, voice raised, bringing an admonishing finger up to jab it against your armoured vest. "I did not earn a PhD in physics and sign on as a researcher at this base so that I could be lectured by some high school dropout on what I should and shout not be doing! I don't even know why you Marines are here, all you ever do is get in the way, and you're of no help to anyone! Furthermore-" He cuts off, abruptly going silent, as the lights suddenly dim almost to going out briefly, before returning to full power again. Mortley steps back, looking up at the light panels in the cieling. "They're at it again..." He says cryptically, momentarily distracted from his ranting.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote