Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Football] Italy v France (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191544)

milo 9 Jul 2006 16:36

[Football] Italy v France

As with the brazil/france game my head says italy but my heart says france. Id dearly dearly love zidane to cement his position amongst the uber greats by lifting the trophy, i realise that italy have played well and are the stronger and younger team on paper but i just don't think they deserve it what with the serie a scandals. I don't think france were as tired or as poor as people make out against potugal, that match was played at 80% with noone wanting to really dig in incase they committed a foul. With both teams having strong defences and not overly athletic individuals i can see this going to penalties.

Cannon_Fodder 9 Jul 2006 16:39

Re: [Football] Italy v France

henry to do well, france to get smashed please.

Snurx 9 Jul 2006 16:45

Italy will crush those puny frogeaters and make me rich!*

*get me back the money I lost so far during the wc :(

Sarina_Joy 9 Jul 2006 16:49

I'm predicting a 3 - 1 victory to Italy. Depending on how many people turn up to my local to watch the match (and choose to enter our sweep) I could have a fair bit of money coming my way if I'm right :)

milo 9 Jul 2006 16:49

incidently its not really worth making another thread over, but c.ronaldo in throwing toys out of pram shocker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/5120332.stm

i can't see fergie letting him go, or if he does he'll make madrid/barca pay through their nose

Phang 9 Jul 2006 17:16

on the one hand i want zidane to win. on the other, my dad got italy in the work sweepstakes.

wu_trax 9 Jul 2006 17:23

I hope France wins. I just dont like the way the Italians play (like kicking us out, for example :))

xtrasyn 9 Jul 2006 17:24

France will win if you ask me.

So don´t if you have money riding on it :)

wu_trax 9 Jul 2006 17:27

I put a few euros on a tie in regular time and 1€ at 12.00 on the first goal in the last 15 minutes in case I'm wrong.
Anyway, I predict a terribly boring game where noone risks anything. unfortunatly you can't bet on that :/

pig 9 Jul 2006 17:28

i hope france win, because of zidane

SYMM 9 Jul 2006 17:40

the same person in our office got both france and italy (not enough people for one team each...) so no loyalty in that respect.
It's more a question of who I'd least like to lose I think- they wouldn't allow a draw would they? :|

KoeN 9 Jul 2006 17:48

i'm hoping for Italy.

the_dastardley_chihuahua 9 Jul 2006 18:14

hmm, not really fussed, think i would prefer france to win. all i want is a great final and to see zidane play well in his last game

Nodrog 9 Jul 2006 18:20

I dislike France and anything that adds to their petty petty nationalism can only be a bad thing, so Italy all the way.

Ragnarak 9 Jul 2006 20:10

Forza Italia!

hyfe 9 Jul 2006 21:25

If you're headbutted in the chest, which really can't hurt that much, and lie there pretending to be injured so the judge is forced to stop the play, should you have a yellow for filming?

Ragnarak 9 Jul 2006 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyfe
If you're headbutted in the chest, which really can't hurt that much

It can REALLY hurt :(

Maladoni 9 Jul 2006 21:52

I had Italy in the sweep at work. Engadge gloat mode. Gloat mode engadged.

KoeN 9 Jul 2006 21:53

justice.

jerome 9 Jul 2006 22:05

i'm still baffled with regards to zidane, but some salvation for seeing that god of a man cannavaro hold up a trophy he surely deserved.

milo 9 Jul 2006 22:06

fuking ****ish dickwads, i hope they all end up in the third division. Oh zidane.

Snurx 9 Jul 2006 22:08

What was up with Zidane? My god, he should have kept his cool.

A very nice ending to a very nice championship, just sad about Zidane.

Cannon_Fodder 9 Jul 2006 22:10

http://tmbo.org/offensive/images/pic...d%20zidane.gif

(Courtesy of idi)

If anyone (1-X hi) would mind making an avatar version of that for me please.

hyfe 9 Jul 2006 22:11

I'm really curious what Matarazzi said to Zidane though

Dante Hicks 9 Jul 2006 22:15

****ing wops. :mad:

cheekybru 9 Jul 2006 22:21

I reckon it was "I did the same thing to your mother last night" after the nipple tweaking thing.

Seriously though, what a stupid way for Zidane to go

s|k 9 Jul 2006 22:27

You know if Italy could have kept France from scoring this game they would have broken a record for being (almost) able to make it without being scored against. Not anymore. :/

Opi 9 Jul 2006 22:32

Overall a deserved title for Italy, even though France played better football today. I was really impressed by the french midfield, Malouda, Ribery, Viera, Makele, Zidane all played well.

But what a horrible way to go for Zidane. I can't believe he did something so stupid in the WC final. :(

And now it is all over, a fabulous five weeks for me (and I believe most people in Germany), four years will be a terribly long wait.

s|k 9 Jul 2006 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opi
But what a horrible way to go for Zidane. I can't believe he did something so stupid in the WC final. :(

That's called using your head. Or not. You could say that since he ended his career on a red letter (err card) day, now he's the butt of the joke.

Okay okay I'll stop.

ReligFree 9 Jul 2006 23:50

He certainly hit him quite hard. Wonder what he said to him to make him lose it as he wa slaughing about it whilst walking alongside and then suddenly turned round and headbutted the guy.

Oh well i dont like the French anyway, so hey Italia!

Flavius 9 Jul 2006 23:57

Justice.

edit: Francia, Francia, Vaffanculo!

Cooling 10 Jul 2006 00:16

http://zidaneowned.ytmnd.com/

JC 10 Jul 2006 11:51

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...06/5148774.stm

Seems big Phil Scolari has joined in the party at the bottom of pic 20 :eek:.

Marilyn Manson 10 Jul 2006 11:54

I'm pleased that Italy won it, purely because I like Lippi for some reason.

Phang 10 Jul 2006 13:36

http://francefighter.ytmnd.com/

Dace 10 Jul 2006 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekybru
I reckon it was "I did the same thing to your mother last night" after the nipple tweaking thing.

My mate and i were of the opinion it was "I don't know why you're getting so upset, your wife loved it when i tweaked her nipple like that".

Deffeh 10 Jul 2006 18:37

whatever it was, hes a pro and should be used to baiting like that by now.

why 6 hit, phang? also there was no combos in street fighter.

Deepflow 10 Jul 2006 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deffeh
whatever it was, hes a pro and should be used to baiting like that by now.

why 6 hit, phang? also there was no combos in street fighter.

There are plenty of moves like that in street fighter where one character flies up to another and does a combo.

Also there are lots of combos (real ones, not canned ones).

dda 11 Jul 2006 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
Id dearly dearly love zidane to cement his position amongst the uber greats

I think his position is indeed cemented.

How many times in his career has he head butted, stomped on other players. Several according to all reports. Live by the head butt---die by the head butt.

milo 11 Jul 2006 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dda
I think his position is indeed cemented.

How many times in his career has he head butted, stomped on other players. Several according to all reports. Live by the head butt---die by the head butt.

iirc hes been sent off 14 times, he isn't a vinnie jones or dare i say it materazzi who foul without any real reason, im not condoning what he did but alluding to zidane as being some sort of bull that charges around committing fouls is bollocks, when he played in england materazzi was sent of 3 times in one season, and with good reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hbls...arch=materazzi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPKM...arch=materazzi

there are quite a few players and fans around europe (me included) who are bemused at materazzis sudden victim status.

xtrasyn 11 Jul 2006 13:03

Materazzi is clearly the football equivalent of a five year old with his hand in the cookie jar. When he says he doesn´t know what ´Terrorist´ means it is all more clear to me that he said things that can not bare the light of day.

Marilyn Manson 11 Jul 2006 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtrasyn
When he says he doesn´t know what ´Terrorist´ means

If he has said that, then he's either an outrageous liar or mentally sub-normal. Either way, he doesn't come across too great.

milo 11 Jul 2006 14:32

Quote:

But Materazzi added: "I am ignorant, I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is; my only terrorist is her," he said pointing to his 10-month-old daughter.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...06/5168126.stm

ah well it was nice to see cannavaro lift the trophy

Scorpio 11 Jul 2006 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
If he has said that, then he's either an outrageous liar or mentally sub-normal. Either way, he doesn't come across too great.

A Paris based organisation claimed that (the terrorist thing).. How much more biased could it possibly get?

paolo 11 Jul 2006 16:57

I thought Ibrahimovic would kill Materazzi if he ever tried that on him, still no fight to enjoy though :(

Phang 11 Jul 2006 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio
A Paris based organisation claimed that (the terrorist thing).. How much more biased could it possibly get?

no, most of the world's media (by way of lipreaders) has claimed the terrorist thing. materazzi himself said he didn't know what an islamic terrorist was

Leshy 11 Jul 2006 22:05

At least now Zidane's career is ending with a moment that will go down in the history of football forever, rather than blow out like a night candle - I doubt Zidane's sending off affected the outcome of the game at all.

Come 2012:
"Hey, do you remember that World Cup final when Trezeguet missed that penalty?"
-"Not really, when and who was that against again?"
"Against Italy."
-"Oh right, the game where Zidane awesomely headbutted Materazzi!"