Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When PA is down for 24h... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193768)

Ratcha 9 Feb 2007 14:48

When PA is down for 24h...

What do you do when PA is down for a period of 24h?
I'm sitting here at work getting bored, because a lot of ppl abandoned the IRC channels I'm in, to have some time off from PA.No trying to get def, no planning attacks. I must have read almost every post on this forum now with all that spare time...

All Systems Go 9 Feb 2007 14:52

Re: When PA is down for 24h...

I drink to take away the pain. :(

Achilles 9 Feb 2007 14:54

That's ironic. I tend to drink to take away the pain when the server is up. That and some light recreational drug use.

Sharur 9 Feb 2007 15:11

I realise how little I do at work when PA is up.
I do just as little when it's down though, I just find myself bored more.

Mistwraith 9 Feb 2007 15:35

YouTube .. watching stand up comedy :-) (with headphones and annoying everyone in the house by laughing out loudly cos i have the day off)

Mighteh 9 Feb 2007 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratcha
What do you do when PA is down for a period of 24h?
I'm sitting here at work getting bored, because a lot of ppl abandoned the IRC channels I'm in, to have some time off from PA.No trying to get def, no planning attacks. I must have read almost every post on this forum now with all that spare time...

\o/ welcome to forums. here we spent countless work hours by discussing random matters in between abusing eachother. Just pick a person who you dont like and start disagreeing with their posts (i, myself, seem to be a popular choice :p) and/or pick a reverse of such, pick a person who you would like to agree with and disagree with anyone who thinks this person is wrong. Those seem to be the rules around :D Oh yeah, and once in a while a constructive post just might lead you to a good conversation (?).

KoeN 9 Feb 2007 16:20

i play tribalwars. :cool:

Achilles 9 Feb 2007 16:35

Me also. I will have scouts soon.

Nodrog said not to build them but I did it anyway.

Life on the edges of the known interweb sure is fun.

furball 9 Feb 2007 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighteh
\o/ welcome to forums. here we spent countless work hours by discussing random matters in between abusing eachother. Just pick a person who you dont like and start disagreeing with their posts (i, myself, seem to be a popular choice :p) and/or pick a reverse of such, pick a person who you would like to agree with and disagree with anyone who thinks this person is wrong. Those seem to be the rules around :D Oh yeah, and once in a while a constructive post just might lead you to a good conversation (?).

Don't copy Mighteh. He is an example of how NOT to post :(

voodoo 9 Feb 2007 19:06

im getting rather hooked on travian.
i hear its something like tribal wars, but i have no ideea which one came first, and which one is the cheap imitation.
either way, send me a mail if you wanna join. running an alliance there. i could help

Mighteh 9 Feb 2007 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
Don't copy Mighteh. He is an example of how NOT to post :(

and furby is the greatest of all judges when it comes down on how to or not to post. He is the only and ultimate truth that you would ever have to listen to. After all, noone else matters, nor their oppinions, especially when they disagree with him :p
----------------------------------------------------

Basically that is how it works :D

BesigedB 9 Feb 2007 19:28

I'm sorry what is this planetarion of which you speak?

Achilles 9 Feb 2007 20:04

Quote:

and furby is the greatest of all judges when it comes down on how to or not to post. He is the only and ultimate truth that you would ever have to listen to. After all, noone else matters, nor their oppinions, especially when they disagree with him

Dude, for someone who constantly bitches about people acting like an ass on here you do a fairly good job of imitating them. What's worse, you do it pretty badly. Why don't you spend more time worrying about the shocking quality of what you write?

dda 9 Feb 2007 20:13

Quote:

Just pick a person who you dont like and start disagreeing with their posts (i, myself, seem to be a popular choice

That's absurd. There is nothing popular about you. People have no choice but to disagree with you. What a mong chop!...............................................oh, I see what you mean.

Mighteh 9 Feb 2007 20:17

dude... all i noted (after the underline) that Furball should not judge how people post. Anyone shouldnt for that reason. None of their business... we all talk like we feel like talking, so why would that same thing not transfer to forums ? Is there some undisclosed rules to posting (versus talking) that had never been disclosed ? Are we supposed to think and express our ideas differently then we do in real life ? I type in what i would say to this person if he'd be right infront of me.

I dont try to imitate anyone :/ If it seems this way, i guess it is the influence of me looking through forums. And if there would be no conflict in conversations we might aswell discuss how pleasant roses smell today. Or how the weather is shit. I do not understand what do you actually expect from me. Do you want me to stop confronting someone's point of view when mine is different ? then why bother even participating in ANY discussion.

and about doing it badly, well sorry. cannot help you out there...
I am trying so hard to post well i fart a little every time i hit submit button. another one to judge me :(. Why dont you worry yourself with quality of your own posting, rather then bitch at someone for theirs. (not saying you SHOULD due to your post being shit. just in general)

Geesh...

Dead_Meat 9 Feb 2007 21:33

Down for 24hr? Is that all? Sounds like a tick from Rnd 1.

Pffffffffffffft...n00bs.

Hicks 9 Feb 2007 23:47

Are LDK DoSing the servers again ? Drama in PA.

Tomkat 11 Feb 2007 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles
Me also. I will have scouts soon.

Nodrog said not to build them but I did it anyway.

It's like Tarantulas all over again! Badoom chish.

Structural Integrity 11 Feb 2007 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Down for 24hr? Is that all? Sounds like a tick from Rnd 1.

Pffffffffffffft...n00bs.

Rnd 1... was that the round when Battleships were still called Mozes's?

Dead_Meat 13 Feb 2007 03:20

Rnd 1 was back when Moses was Moses*

Boom Tish #2!!

* Moze's?