Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Planetarion iPhone app (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198280)

xtrasyn 31 Oct 2009 16:02

Planetarion iPhone app

I'd pay handsomely for one. Just a thought.

Gabriel 31 Oct 2009 16:29

Re: Planetarion iPhone app

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtrasyn (Post 3183760)
I'd pay handsomely for one. Just a thought.

5k and it's a done deal

vuLgAr 31 Oct 2009 17:15

there is one :P mobile safari + View pages in a lighter version, where available.

Bams 31 Oct 2009 19:54

I asked a friend of mine who runs a company developing iPhone apps to do this a while ago, he told me it is very expensive to develop properly plus there are only a few or so that actually have an iPhone. The marketing strategy and costs to earn the development costs back are even more insane apparently.. :(

xtrasyn 31 Oct 2009 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel (Post 3183761)
5k and it's a done deal

You crossed the line between handsome and outrageous. :)

xtrasyn 31 Oct 2009 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bams (Post 3183764)
I asked a friend of mine who runs a company developing iPhone apps to do this a while ago, he told me it is very expensive to develop properly plus there are only a few or so that actually have an iPhone. The marketing strategy and costs to earn the development costs back are even more insane apparently.. :(

That's because your friend needs to drive in a BMW 6-series and still has to pay his investors off.

The same could be said for the development of PA but that too was a few guys with a bit of spare time.

Zotnam 31 Oct 2009 20:47

Hmm, never had a problem with viewing pa on iphone, usually runs smooth and I can change the things I want to with relative ease. So why would we need an app for it?

xtrasyn 1 Nov 2009 04:01

cuz it's snazzy, reaches more people, and has an in-app pay model nowadays. And it generates money.

I know it runs fine in a browser, and sure I can do everything, but not without zooming and scrolling. I often miss when I want menu items.
And if you know iphone and the apps you see, you know that you could easily vision a very nice friendly app for it.

PA is the just the ultimate game to have on an iphone. Always in your pocket.

xtrasyn 1 Nov 2009 04:13

just a stab underwater, but the app store clients spend millions a month. Whereas facebook... Well.

You can make a limited free sandbox (say protection with a few pregenned actions) that explains the rest of the game. The launch of the free app alone could be a potential influx of new players, as there are some people who will download it just becuase it's there and it's new. And if the community downloads it en masse and rates it well, it will reach high profile in no-time.

xtrasyn 1 Nov 2009 04:16

oh man combined with micropayment for sms actions... A commercial winner.