Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Insomnia - The Farewell (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197934)

Jonas 12 Jun 2009 12:38

Insomnia - The Farewell

As another round is ending, I want to take the oppertunity to thank you all on behalf of myself and Insomnia!
Enemies, friends and randoms! You've all made our time in Planetarion very enjoyable! It is with great sorrow, and yet great relief, that I announce that Insomnia will be no more.

When I founded Insomnia in round 10.5 I had a dream to make an alliance that were laidback, friendly and humours, yet skilled, dedicated and effective.
I am proud to have achieved that. Never have so many friendly alcoholics, drugaddicts, gamblers and Sebos been gathered in one alliance! We had some impact on the game most of the rounds we played, and I like to think that we gave something back to the community by always taking in new faces and teaching them how to combine alcohol with Planetarion! Infact, theres a huge amount of players around still that has been in Insomnia at some point. It makes me glad when they do well.

So for this round I managed to get back some of the really old core, and a bunch from the glorious rounds(round 17? when we actually did finnish a round, and a decent one aswell) and some new faces. Our only aim was to have fun!

Some of theese guys have been fighting loyally along my side for 7 years(!) and more, never ever questoning my emo rages, my drunken war declarations or my decisions in general. I am proud to have played along such usless and pathetic men!

As some of you might already know, Insomnia was back this round just as a reunion. One last go at this game together! The round has been okay for us. We haven't had a very strict round. People have played as active as they can. However, with a semi active round, enough beer stockpiled for 7 weeks and unstable politics, we did well.

The original HC of Insomnia was myself, Bee, mulan, Killerbij and InTguRu. Since then, there has been ALOT of people helping me out with tech, HCing, DCing etc. I can't even start mentioning names! I just want to thank you all Smile
We have been on and off for alot of rounds, disbanded I think atleast 3 times, lost a few wars and crashed alot of fleets. Nevertheless, I am happy. I have few regrets, and I had alot of fun!

Also, there is one guy that does need mentioning. Although theres been alot of people helping out, I could not have done Insomnia without Mek. He has been there to help me when I was too drunk, pour beer into me when I was to sober and in general pulling some weight off my shoulders. If he hadnt been around, I would not have been able to run Insomnia. Thankyou Mek you hairy f**k!

Although some parts of me wants Insomnia to go on, I have come to realize that the amount of time and dedication I have to put into it to make it work just aint worth it anymore. I might be around myself for some fall/winter rounds, but Insomnia will cease to exist as an alliance once this round ends.

So on behalf of everyone that has been Insomnia, and to everyone that has been Insomnia, the universe, God, Mom, Spinner and the rest of you!

Goodluck and Farewell o/

-Jonas-

Veedeejem! 12 Jun 2009 12:42

Re: Insomnia - The Farewell

most fun ally i've ever been part of!

Thanks Jonas, Mek and all others in Insomnia for this round and r17. It has been awesome :)

11111 12 Jun 2009 13:39

Thank you Jonas!
Sorry for not calling you the other day.
;-)

And to all Insomnia members through out the years.
Thank you for all the defence at night, when I was sleeping.

-BSE

Illuvatar 12 Jun 2009 14:41

Thank you Insomnia. We had great times and its been a pleasure to play with you guys..

Just remember those sick times when me and Bronto dc'ed till 7am without a minute of sleep. Man we sacrifized alot for a tickgame^^ Anyways I think it has been a nice farewell round and sorry for my inactivity the last 3 weeks I just lost the interest in pa these days. Regardless it was my last round as active player..I'll support the community with free scans now and if any of you are interested to play again after summer contact me we get Destiny going again as some of you know already. Enjoy the summer and maybe we will meet again one day;)

P.S: VERDAMMT!! xD

peace out

Antigone

D666 12 Jun 2009 15:10

Cheers guys...it has been fun :D

Morker 12 Jun 2009 15:37

There were times, mostly late at night or early in the morning, when I felt like hitting myself upside the head for ever agreeing to play another round.
"I'll play, but don't expect too much activity". Yeh... right... I can still see myself write it.

/me blames Jonas

Neh, was a good round. Great team, lot's of fun, and even a pretty damned good overall alliance performance. Going out with a bang :)

Cheers all!

Morker

Paisley 12 Jun 2009 15:47

I've always held insomnia in high esteem... all the best jonas and crew :)

Mek 12 Jun 2009 16:24

Thanks for a great time. I guess the day that i joined Ins from HR i never realised just how much of a journey i would be embarking on.

i think the only thing i regret is the line "i don't want to be just a peon" :p

This round has been awesome and getting to play with some of the very old core, some of the people from the 2nd generation of insomnia and some new faces has been really great :) we have, and have always, a lot of really talented players in the ranks and i know that they will have no problems finding suitable alliances in the future....and i am also confident that these players will give it 100% for their new homes and make us all proud :)

thanks to the reunion round players:

Antigone, Bee, BSE, Death666, end bringer, ElmOow, fellah, GreenWolf, Grouse, Husche, illmatics, Jerven, Jinstarro, Jonas, Killrog, kjelle, Logical, lustig, Mek, Morker, Nacho, Radon, Rock, Sebos, Sjor, Supergans, Vasquin and VdM - not forgetting our token out of tag scanner Mystic :p

special thanks also to the night scanners GreenWolf and Mystic...DCing would have been total hell without you two :P

I would also like to say thankyou to our allies this round DLR and Evolution. Been great working with you guys and i look forward to working with you guys in the future. Big thanks also to the BGs for banding together, i wish you all the best for the future. Being in a channel with you guys enabled me to see alot of people in a new light and drop some preconceived ideas about certain people (lo VenoX :P)

I dont think i could end this post without giving special thanks to Jonas. I didn't regret anything of what has happened over the years i have known you I think that we are on the same wave length and have similar attitudes in many aspects has led to a brilliant HC relationship. Although i helped a lot for you with insomnia, i definitely couldn't do it without you either. You are the guy who gives us insomniacs focus and you know i am, along with the others, always with you in everything 100%. I also have met a lot of people throughout the insomnia experience that i would call friends, you are top of that list. We still have to organise that Insomnia piss up in Norway so i can finally show you how to drink :P

I think we all deserve many many beers this weekend for all the hard work.

Insomnia forever!

Mek

Mek 12 Jun 2009 17:53

i also just got my phonebill for the round of international texting, international calling, being called by jonas and dialing people but reaching their voicemail.

also, i would like to claim a special award for ringing VdM 55 times in 1 and a half hours to wake him up :P

Veedeejem! 12 Jun 2009 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mek (Post 3177295)
i also just got my phonebill for the round of international texting, international calling, being called by jonas and dialing people but reaching their voicemail.

also, i would like to claim a special award for ringing VdM 55 times in 1 and a half hours to wake him up :P

54 times Mek, get your facts straight!

Jonas 12 Jun 2009 19:19

I shall inform you of my phonebill once it comes. I am sure it will be huge. Thankyou Anakyn for picking up when im ringing Brazil... :P

Veedeejem! 12 Jun 2009 20:22

I would also like to declare moral victory for insomnia, not only shall we finish with 3rd highest avg in pa, most important is WE FINISHED A ROUND!

Vassy 12 Jun 2009 21:23

Thanks for the memories InS!

and lustig for outragious drunken entertainment ever witnessed in Insomnia <3

Zeke 12 Jun 2009 22:57

Meh, Insomnia is such a great name for an alliance in pa, why you quit :/
Ah I know you'll return :p ^^

Tommy 13 Jun 2009 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedeejem! (Post 3177301)
I would also like to declare moral victory for insomnia, not only shall we finish with 3rd highest avg in pa, most important is WE FINISHED A ROUND!

Would have been 4th highest if it hadn't been for my gracious donation of 4M value to Cortana on the last day. :D

Heartless 13 Jun 2009 04:57

Circle jerks are annoying. Stop this Jonas.

Kargool 13 Jun 2009 08:50

Sometimes I wonder if they make Insomnia just because they can make a huge emotional quit posts every time they play.

Jonas 13 Jun 2009 11:22

We do Kargool.

Jinstarro 13 Jun 2009 12:15

Thanks for the round guys and gals and Sebos, it has been a good time. Now it's time to take a bunch of painkillers to ease on the hungover (from the constant drinking during the round). A little more alcohol won't hurt either!

:banana:

coffee- 28 Jun 2009 16:18

Oh noes! Bye Insomnia! Had a good time with ya'll the brief period of time I was with you! *waves*

Alki 5 Aug 2009 14:23

Waffles man, waffles!

That was a good hc team, I miss them all :( Why didn't I join that round, hmm :o

Colt 5 Aug 2009 15:23

cos u were inactive, as per

Ziw 6 Aug 2009 22:17

..what?
..we disbaned?
..did we play?
oh hell.

Still, take care Jonas and all the others, remember it's better to stay drunkt than actually sobering up and getting that hangover..

Jonas 6 Aug 2009 22:28

Haha Alki. I still have a bunch of screenshots from the first Waffles gal. Was so fun :D

You knew we were playing Ziw, you just did a Houdini on us right before we started!

Ziw 6 Aug 2009 22:32

Pft.
I never said I was going to play.
Atleast not whilst sober.

And IF I said I was going to call whilst drunkt, and you got your hopes all high stright after I commented on your breast. Well then you'we learnd something!

Jonas 7 Aug 2009 15:31

You are never sober, so anything you agree to whilst drunk is valid!

Linkie 7 Aug 2009 16:07

You guys are pretty cool, drinking alcohol and stuff.

Jonas 9 Aug 2009 14:18

You should try it, Linkie.

_Kila_ 9 Aug 2009 14:33

He does, he just doesn't post about it repeatedly on the internet.

VenoX 9 Aug 2009 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_ (Post 3180086)
He does, he just doesn't post about it repeatedly on the internet.

He just prefers stories about his underage gf's!

Mek 10 Aug 2009 09:09

thread necromancy :D

and ziw, you bastard, how could you not have been with us on the farewell round :(

Mek 10 Aug 2009 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 3177298)
I shall inform you of my phonebill once it comes. I am sure it will be huge. Thankyou Anakyn for picking up when im ringing Brazil... :P

what was your phonebill after that round Jonas? :)

Jonas 10 Aug 2009 10:44

Not as bad as I had feared... think it was like £200 on PA stuff :P

Illuvatar 10 Aug 2009 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 3180108)
£200 on PA stuff :P

...and I thought better of you Jonas:(

Veedeejem! 10 Aug 2009 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mek (Post 3180103)
thread necromancy :D

and ziw, you bastard, how could you not have been with us on the farewell round :(

He was too busy trying to be cool!

Mek 10 Aug 2009 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 3180108)
Not as bad as I had feared... think it was like £200 on PA stuff :P

lol...hardcore :D

Proxi 17 Aug 2009 23:44

Holy crap I still have my account. I really enjoyed my time with you chaps, despite having to watch the boundless incoming at 4am, then try to think through def and fake def. Ah, to be young again.

InS was a good time alliance, I have many fond memories. Particularly Vdj, Jonas and Mek most especially.