Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Remove Combat "Tick" (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198415)

MrLobster 30 Dec 2009 14:13

Remove Combat "Tick"

I will list the quick things I think could change PA.

1) Remove defence from the game.

2) Replace the current land tick combat with a physical Push button attack system.

This means that you travel to the target, but you have to manually push an attack button once you have arrived. This way people have to be online when they want to attack. Which means they also have to think about a landing time that they can be online.

Mzyxptlk 30 Dec 2009 14:56

Re: Remove Combat "Tick"

While the second option doesn't sound bad, it doesn't work without the first option (and then only to a limited degree), which I am very much against: defence is what holds alliances together, and alliances hold PA together.

MrLobster 30 Dec 2009 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3186679)
While the second option doesn't sound bad, it doesn't work without the first option (and then only to a limited degree), which I am very much against: defence is what holds alliances together, and alliances hold PA together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3186651)
The quality difference between (say) Apprime and F-Crew isn't so much in attacking as it is in defence. By making attacking easier, defence gets a lower priority, which will reduce the gap between good and bad alliances.

Sorry to Quote from two threads but I feel your in contradiction or at least not fully explaining your side of the argument.

While you are not stating specifically in the second quote that defence be should be removed, you are implying that defence isnt a final factor in the role of alliance members, there by suggesting that defence isnt a requirement of the game.

Denny Crane.

Knight Theamion 30 Dec 2009 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLobster (Post 3186675)
I will list the quick things I think could change PA.

1) Remove defence from the game.

2) Replace the current land tick combat with a physical Push button attack system.

This means that you travel to the target, but you have to manually push an attack button once you have arrived. This way people have to be online when they want to attack. Which means they also have to think about a landing time that they can be online.

So let me get this straight. As long as the git attacking me hasn't pressed 'land' I cannot move my fleet? I infer this from your suggestion.
I think I do not need to point out the obvious flaws in this.
To the bin with this please!

Mzyxptlk 30 Dec 2009 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLobster (Post 3186703)
While you are not stating specifically in the second quote that defence be should be removed, you are implying that defence isnt a final factor in the role of alliance members, there by suggesting that defence isnt a requirement of the game.

That's a false dichotomy. I can be in favour of reducing the importance of defence without supporting the total removal of same.

Also, yeah, I agree with Theam. I brought up one issue with your idea, but there are others.

damo8 31 Dec 2009 11:32

I can only see this limiting attacking options and driving people away.

Sometimes there is a need to scan at eta4 as you cannot be around at land tick. This would take that option away, and hand more advantadge to the hardcore player from the average to noob player.

Alezzar 3 Jan 2010 09:50

That won't help PA community, so I'm really against. It removes the best part of that game.