Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Planetarion on the Iphone (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196885)

ReLogic 26 Aug 2008 07:12

Planetarion on the Iphone

So, who has managed to get this to work, mine for some reason seems to be caching the login question with a different question from the answer relates to.

was just wondering if you've had problems on the iphone/ipod touch and if so how did you fix it.

I'm on the 2.0.2 software, 3G O2 iphone, tried clearing cache everytime, but no difference, deleted all apps to make sure nothing was interfereing, and that didnt work. Tried other captcha's but they worked fine...

it's an odd one.

Any help would be good as certain people seem to think its my phone thats broken : /

Hunterrrr 26 Aug 2008 11:13

Re: Planetarion on the Iphone

Well i can login normally with nokia n95 and nokia 6210. Just sometimes i need to clear the cache.

Phil^ 26 Aug 2008 12:54

it might be being cached on the network operators end though (forcing all users through a caching proxy) , for which you cant clear

Ace 26 Aug 2008 12:59

I use my iPhone for PA too and have no problem at all.

Phil^ 26 Aug 2008 13:08

double check your time/date as well, it could be that the cookie is simply expiring which drops you back at the login page again

Markb 26 Aug 2008 13:36

o2 DO use a caching proxy, try using the new reload image button on the login screen after the first failed login attempt to get a new question, see if that works.

Just trying it on my iPhone (3G, o2 network) now

Elevator 26 Aug 2008 16:37

works fine, if you look away from calcing...which is a bitch...and the fact that typing on irc sucks balls. it works as a back up for checking planet, but you can not play from it alone. I've lost net at home, so it's my only option...which leads to a 230k scoring planet :(

Monroe 26 Aug 2008 17:14

I have a first gen iphone ver 2.02 and I have discovered that I have to refresh the bot question to get one I can answer properly. Not sure exactly what causes it, but prior to the 2.02 update it worked just fine....

Colt 26 Aug 2008 17:18

i have a first gen iphone and it works fine for me. that said i havent updated it yet...

ReLogic 26 Aug 2008 17:57

works now the reload image bit is added.

cheers whoever added that :)

<3

Obli 31 Aug 2008 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil^ (Post 3154238)
double check your time/date as well, it could be that the cookie is simply expiring which drops you back at the login page again

In my country this is the case due to a difference in bussines and "normal" data network (gprs/edge/umts/hsdpa). This varies per network aswell.
The chip in the Iphone actually messes up a lot of data networks (of other providers too!), because it's being too strong and it disturbs the borders of the data network coverage. Usually this is the case in countries where the Iphone was launched on a 1800/1900mhz network. I don't know how it works technically, but in order to cut down pending traffic, it seems that secure pages can't be logged in to. The same problem occours when trying to login to f.ex gmail.

Hardly ever is software the case for this problem. You could call your provider and ask if they can "upgrade" the coverage for data in your area. In most countries providers are to oblige when the customer asks for it. It's a service you pay for, etc...