Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Some things never change (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194401)

TheGoaT 5 May 2007 20:41

Some things never change

I joined the command team of LOST at the begining of the round hoping to bring my years of experience with top tier alliances to the small guys and help them improve. To some extent that did happen, but recent events have forced me to realise some things just dont change. The rest of the LOST command team without my consent decided to align themselves with Wolfpack and take target assignments from them. This is strongly against what I believe in as Ive been on the other side of the fence and know how this turns out. The small alliance is overwhelmed that a big alliance wants to be their "friend" and thinks that by helping them they will somehow ascend to this top tier but in reality they are merely flaking targets and soaking up defense for the big alliance so they can hit their targets with a higher accuracy and go for the win. Theres absolutely no benefit for the small alliance at all in this arrangement. So its with a heavy heart I was forced to resign from LOST and merely watch as history repeats itself round after round.

Allfather 5 May 2007 20:55

Re: Some things never change

Sad to see this, but every alliance whom aspire to be great needs their flak (ello wrath & cpv).

On a sidenote, ello goat \o

Mek 5 May 2007 20:57

i thought menacer had more sense than this

TheGoaT 5 May 2007 21:27

menacer went missing for 2 weeks, then quit when he came back because we demoted him from hc and replaced him with someone active. So this decision he had nothing to do with.

voodoo 5 May 2007 21:31

so are we to understand WP are rallying nubs around for a strike?
who said AD wasnt filled with useful intel?!

Kargool 5 May 2007 21:48

The biggest mistake an alliance does this round is to co-operate with WP imho. They will not be around here next round, and if they win the round, the ones that co-operated with them will be the ones that suffer.

MotoX 5 May 2007 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
The biggest mistake an alliance does this round is to co-operate with WP imho. They will not be around here next round, and if they win the round, the ones that co-operated with them will be the ones that suffer.

AMEN to that!

And I thought WP already had a bunch of out tag players....

ReligFree 5 May 2007 22:08

Oh yeah WP already have effectively a top alliance and then another top 15-20 alliance available with them under the name WP. Thats for sure.

The need for them to rally others to help, and indeed others actually helping is simply foolish. I hope that people see this and either cancel their co-operation with WP or indeed rally against them to give them what they deserve.

Heartless 5 May 2007 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoX

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReligFree
Oh yeah WP already have effectively a top alliance and then another top 15-20 alliance available with them under the name WP. Thats for sure.

Or it's just that your intel is simply shit and you'll soon figure out that those "out of tag wp planet" really are some alliances ranked out of top 10.

MotoX 5 May 2007 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
Or it's just that your intel is simply shit and you'll soon figure out that those "out of tag wp planet" really are some alliances ranked out of top 10.

even worse then :/

Heartless 5 May 2007 22:56

Quote:

even worse then :/

Fairly intelligent actually, considering that some of the "top alliances" do not even bother with collecting intel about such lower ranked alliances.

paolo 6 May 2007 00:50

For the lesser informed like me, which alliances would that be?

Mzyxptlk 6 May 2007 02:45

06-05 03:41:34 <@mz> ~search hidden agenda
06-05 03:41:34 -Munin- No planets in intel matching nick or alliance: hidden

Like us, Heartless? :(

Heartless 6 May 2007 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
06-05 03:41:34 <@mz> ~search hidden agenda
06-05 03:41:34 -Munin- No planets in intel matching nick or alliance: hidden

Like us, Heartless? :(

Yowsa. :(

Stoom 6 May 2007 07:55

Quote:

The need for them to rally others to help, and indeed others actually helping is simply foolish. I hope that people see this and either cancel their co-operation with WP or indeed rally against them to give them what they deserve.

Ct is with VisioN, yo.

Tietäjä 6 May 2007 09:03

Quote:

Quote:

No, these kinds of things has been confirmed by sources not related to linking up planets by defence missions. I'd give it a 70 plus 20-30 myself, but as by the reasons Heartless mentioned, it's hard to figure out the actual numbers. There are, for certain, several, tens of these planets, but how many there are in reality is probably only a few selected in Wolfpack to know.

ReligFree 6 May 2007 11:17

Quote:

Just had a PM asking me to clarify my post so though id do it here to make sure no-one else misconstrues it.

you have 70 members ("effectively a top alliance")

and then 20-30 more ("a top 15-20 ally")

Buly 6 May 2007 11:54

Well, if I were WP command I'd get some allies. CT won't do anything before they get more allies to outnumber them at least 2-3 to 1.

Kargool 6 May 2007 11:58

Im just wondering what arguments they are gonna use. "Support us becoming #1st and take the punishment in next round when we are no longer around."

Heartless 6 May 2007 12:19

Quote:

Why is it foolish if WP does the necessary steps to win a round? It's more like you're foolish to believe that you'd get another number one spot without doing shit.

Buly 6 May 2007 13:30

Quote:

Why is it foolish if WP does the necessary steps to win a round? It's more like you're foolish to believe that you'd get another number one spot without doing shit.

Agreed.

Tietäjä 6 May 2007 13:40

Quote:

Surely LOST is a very applicable weapon. Any fleet you can churn at your foes is a step towards victory, be it LOST or recruiting a lot of players and expanding your alliance in a way it breaks the game rules.

Foolish or not, as long as it works it's a viable strategy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
Im just wondering what arguments they are gonna use. "Support us becoming #1st and take the punishment in next round when we are no longer around."

More like, "Support us becoming #1st and the next round they'll be thinking again on terms LOST, what the **** is that".

Gio2k 7 May 2007 00:34

OMG. Wolfpack are using LOST as flak!! You are all doomed :(

GrandAdm Thrawn 12 May 2007 13:00

this thread is very interesting especially related to something I read recently on another forum.. :devil: