Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   best player to be ingal with? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197609)

Mek 28 Mar 2009 19:36

best player to be ingal with?

figured we should have a more positive thread :) who would you say is a good person to have ingal? This doesn't have to be purely because of their ability to land a good planet, more on a 'what they bring to the galaxy' kind of thing :)

Zotnam 28 Mar 2009 19:41

Re: best player to be ingal with?

me (anyone I've been in gal with will agree)

Otherwise, I guess JBG or Smasher

Mek 28 Mar 2009 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zotnam (Post 3168819)
me (anyone I've been in gal with will agree)

Otherwise, I guess JBG or Smasher

care to explain your choice? :) and others please also state your reasons :)

Kargool 28 Mar 2009 19:46

After long consideration: Defiantly not me.

isildurx 28 Mar 2009 19:46

Have been in gal with alot of really great people, hard to single anyone out tho.

Oh and you forgot me Golan :D

edit: Best players to be ingal with in my opinion are teamplayers who knows that sometimes covering someone else than yourself is the best for the gal, active people who help out when your gal gets inc and good players who have big planets that contributes alot of value and score to your galaxy.

edit2: Gah come to think of it mentioning names is pretty shit seeing as Ive been in gal with such a large amount of the finest players around in PAX so sorry to people who arent mentioned, i still love you :(

Mek 28 Mar 2009 19:48

please, if you post here give your reasons.. Don't really want a thread full of names with no real insight into why the person was chosen :)

_Kila_ 28 Mar 2009 19:52

I'd probably say Smasher, judging by the way I've seen him running 7:8 this round and consistently running highly ranked galaxies. Cardi seems to do this pretty well too but I'd probably kill myself half way through a round with him ingal.
JBG and Jester were also very awesome in round 19 when Ascendancy weren't competing for ally win so they focused fully on the gal.

Appocomaster 28 Mar 2009 20:01

Cin and Ace have saved my ass many times as dedicated 1:1 defenders :) Spritfire is also doing pretty well though

Light 28 Mar 2009 20:23

Londo and Booji, they are team/galaxy players who help the newer players and are very good galaxy DC's.

Zeyi 28 Mar 2009 20:53

Smasher indeed runs the gal very well.

Unfortunately haven't been able to play alongside him with the ongoing war.

Zotnam 28 Mar 2009 21:17

It's about so many things really, fleet effiency, keeping moral up, helping new players, watching out for your gal mates, reliable to make all kinds of decisions from politics to what ships are needed in gal to having enough time to sort defense out in the mornings. Keep some conversations going in the channel, talk about more things than just pa, get that personal relationship which means people will go the extra mile to cover eachother. Have some fun and enjoy the game too!

I go out of my way to defend randoms if its possible at all because I know it will keep their moral up and mean they are more usefull overall, but only if I feel they are contributing to the gal. Repeatidly attacking when having inc and stuff will just make me drop a planet from my care list and then there's basicly 0 def. omb this round is a good example, we lost value defending his planet early on but some actions after that meant no in gal def arranged by me for a few hundred ticks (he improved the attitude now after losing his shot at #1 :p).

My first post lists people who do these things fairly well, however making a bp of purely people like that wouldn't work. The best way to build a gal imo (one of the greatest asc secrets!) is to have #1 guy in charge, #2 guy helping out alot and able to take over if the #1 guy is busy, and 3 others who can provide their own calcs and be online to def , pa mail works fine for this, dont 100% need irc. So who the best gal mate is relative to what group you fall into, for me personally someone like Meatwax or mista/rasp who helps me out is best, for normal members a Smasher or JBG will be prefered.

Better, Mek?

isildurx 28 Mar 2009 21:35

Bad galmates are people that goes to BBQs ,meaning that incs dont get reported leaving the whole gal to get roided.

DunkelGraf 28 Mar 2009 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3168848)
Bad galmates are people that goes to BBQs ,meaning that incs dont get reported leaving the whole gal to get roided.

:-(
Im off for beer and BBQ! all the time.... i must be worst then :-(

isildurx 28 Mar 2009 22:08

Its a internal joke :(

I ofcourse thoroughly support your style of play dunk!

Nadar 29 Mar 2009 00:04

Even worse are those who spend their time studying instead of playing.

My fav gal mate? I'll be damned if I know. I kinda liked going random.

Kretin, yes, Kretin!

Nestorn 29 Mar 2009 01:11

Tough choice, but i have to go with MissyR since she actually bothered to learn me how the game worked :)

HellKicker 29 Mar 2009 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nestorn (Post 3168870)
Tough choice, but i have to go with MissyR since she actually bothered to learn me how the game worked :)

MissyR.. she's kinda cool tbh!

Anyways, my fav guy to be in gal with: newt

stay_posi 29 Mar 2009 02:45

the de_gekste + [FF]Brain BP gal was probably the best random gal i've ever exiled into. Had their own galaxy DC tool, managed everyones fleets extremely well, and were generally super nice guys. Too bad i exiled out! :D

other than that, anyone who can keep their cool under pressure and not take ingal drama too serious are the best players to have ingal.

Cochese 29 Mar 2009 06:34

Anne.

A "scanner" that can outroid me, and most other people, and also wtfpwn with covops.

Win-win-win situation.

Kree 29 Mar 2009 08:24

After experiencing Golan this round, i vote for him....as he did a lot for the gal, calcing/covering, calling etc.

[JungleMuffin] 29 Mar 2009 09:25

Allthough id love to say myself, i wont. If a gal is working together and generally trying to look out for each other, id say i pay that back in bucket loads, but if the gal is full of selfish twats, i can play that way aswell.

I have spent one round with Golan in gal, who actually did a fair chunk of gal DC'ing, other players would include roboxxx and lionsmight. Allthough never playing in gal with her for more than a few ticks, id say Mel is a great team player (defwhore.)

From all the people ive played with tho, id have to say crusie is the best person to have in gal. Pure def fleets, 3 fleet defending, and joining an ally to ease the incs a bit, in my books is pretty damned awesome.

Kargool 29 Mar 2009 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadar (Post 3168867)

Kretin, yes, Kretin!

I second that!

booji 29 Mar 2009 14:31

I dont really have a best person to be ingal with, the galaxies I have been in have been about teamwork, they have succeeded when there have been 4 or 5 people splitting the load and fail when there are only two, hence my rounds 24(me/usul/dx/adjuhh), 25(me/dx/theshadow/lesh), 27(me/atlas/lesh/stl) and 29(me/londo/light/lbarto/lesh) ultimately worked out well, while those with few organisers dont work out r26(me/tobbe), r28 (hmm did anyone organise anything), r30(me/londo).

so from my personal experience its not about individuals but a collective, but then I have never been in a gal with a someone who individually takes charge of everything like ronin, jbg, golan, smasher etc

ATRO 29 Mar 2009 21:41

I have gone random mainly in the few rounds i have played but the most helpful players i came across during this time were:-

R19 - Digital from xVx helped when he could, also SpaceLegend sent me defence always, guy lived up to his name being a legend for me that round.

R20 - I exiled into a gal with Stifler and Religfree in, tbh we didn't have much cooperation but they were nice enough blokes.

The best guy i happened across was SpaceLegend but as i said i haven't seen many.

Mzyxptlk 29 Mar 2009 23:03

JBG. (****ing caps limit)

Fuzzy 30 Mar 2009 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3168848)

bad galmates are people who def their galmate and dont recall, stealing salvage and subsequently costing that galmate the round win \o/

best player to be ingal with: bread| - clearly.

eksero 30 Mar 2009 00:56

Reese!

Sometimes VenoX :(

Reese 30 Mar 2009 01:44

Overall I would say eksero followed closely by VenoX. eksero is reachable 24/7, he is just a nice guy, not wrapped up in drama, and knows how to play, he will also help u if u need it. He is also a great DC. Not selfish at all. Venox is a real team player, and can easily do what is best for his gal, also he always knows whats going on cause he knows tons of people. Both are fun as well. A tick is pretty long and boring, so having a nice convo in between is essential. The 3 of us have never lacked for conversations.

I was in gal with damo8 and kenny, they are nice too. Very gal minded which is a plus. Demo-X is awesome to have in gal as well. Great with def, and fun. Stuhlman is pretty cool too, he cracks me up and is a nice guy. :)

I've been in gal with lots of great people, too many to list.

Achilles 30 Mar 2009 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy
bad galmates are people who def their galmate and dont recall, stealing salvage and subsequently costing that galmate the round win \o/

This still hurts, stop bringing it up :(

General Martok 30 Mar 2009 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by stay_posi (Post 3168877)
the de_gekste + [FF]Brain BP gal was probably the best random gal i've ever exiled into. Had their own galaxy DC tool, managed everyones fleets extremely well, and were generally super nice guys. Too bad i exiled out! :D

other than that, anyone who can keep their cool under pressure and not take ingal drama too serious are the best players to have ingal.

I joined their galaxy as late signup this round. We havent had huge incs very often (well, today a bit, as you can see on sandmans (OMFG UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR)), but especially de_gekste has been putting in massive effort dc-ing during those incs. Without him we sure as hell would have lost more than a mere 14k. Guess having 200 hostile fleets from ASC/CT/Omen/XVX/hirr/HR/Orbit/VGN planets was just a bit too much to cover :p

LukeyLove 31 Mar 2009 00:40

Sleepless/Rasputin for their late night ingal DCing and unending phone bill.

arc/Caj for their ingal entertainment (even thou both are abit shitty ingame)

JonnyBGood 31 Mar 2009 01:56

My gal experience is probably a lot different to most people given that I either go random and don't care or I bp 4 other ascendancy people and play ridiculously intensively it seems. I think the best player I've played with in terms of ability, reliability, team-player element and general all round good eggness would have to be achi. For the number of times I've either sacrificed his planet for the greater good or murdered his fleet so we could kill more off the enemy I think I have to give him that!

Banned 31 Mar 2009 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3169080)
My gal experience is probably a lot different to most people given that I either go random and don't care or I bp 4 other ascendancy people and play ridiculously intensively it seems. I think the best player I've played with in terms of ability, reliability, team-player element and general all round good eggness would have to be achi. For the number of times I've either sacrificed his planet for the greater good or murdered his fleet so we could kill more off the enemy I think I have to give him that!

Achi is a trooper, for sure.

I've played with a lot of cool galmates in my days. The best player to be ingal with is the guy or gal that doesn't get so wrapped up in the game he loses sight of the fact that it's a game and supposed to fun.

These days, I honestly can't say I've been in a more fun galaxy than any single one of the all Ascendancy BPs I've done.

I highly recommend this for people in other alliances as well. If you're planning on having fun, get your friends in your alliance together, make a BP and get all your other friends to exile in. Defend well and attack together. Prank people and do outrageous fake attacks. Have a couple of zik and make some fun steals. Sacrificing roids so some faceless zik in your alliance caps big is cool and all, but doing it in your galaxy so the guy you're playing with every day does it is awesome.

In conclusion, there's no single best person to be in gal with, but there is definitely a best player, and I've had the honor of being ingal with a lot of them.

Tietäjä 31 Mar 2009 10:11

I personally think werewolf is amazing bloke to share a gal with. He's fairly decent entertainment for starters, second, he proves surprisingly useful at organizing things every now and then.

And last, but not least, he's apparently becoming a better player each time he gets roided, so towards the end of the round he's pretty damn good.

helGn 2 Apr 2009 14:15

JBG was really awesome to play with, ordered my planet killed with kindness and appologiesed before, during and afterwards :) Dunkelgraf always went for a beer, so i had to have a 6pack beside my pc to keep up :( but harm is the most awesome of them all! dedicated defwhore and awesome dude

Membrivio 2 Apr 2009 14:52

For me it is not just 1 player. There are several players that I very much like.
Among them: Mustaavalkosta, Bazza, Nicole, dreis, Bullbars, MntrX, Murador, zavva, Entropy, Nazqil, MaVeRiXX. I think there are even more than these people, but these just came to mind :)
What they all share is that they are all socially skilled, smart, not egotistical people. That makes a good galm8 for me.
Last minute addition: I think Crowly (and many other Orbiters ^^) makes a good galm8 too, although he is a Briton. :D

ellonweb 2 Apr 2009 16:34

CarDi has been great this round, tons of fun, provides us with plenty of comedy in the gal chan (and in game too!). And when the shit hits the fan he gets serious too, his DCing has been great. Whole gal has been great this round though tbh, shame we won't get our 4 days back and a shot at gal win.

eltsin 2 Apr 2009 19:36

I already named cardi in the thread for the worst galmate, so I'm naming in here aswell. Loads of entertainment from that guy, his crazyness far exceeds anyone else. But to be frank, most of my gal this round deserves some good words, been a great round.

zawze

Illuvatar 5 Apr 2009 14:46

Being same gal with Catalyst 12rnds ago was fun and proved that you dont need to understand the pa math to do good. alcohol and being nerdy helped huge really.

Linkie 5 Apr 2009 14:57

BREAD|!. Definately.

M0RPH3US 5 Apr 2009 15:10

anyone not cheating!

SpaceLegend 6 Apr 2009 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATRO (Post 3168970)
The best guy i happened across was SpaceLegend but as i said i haven't seen many.

omg, someone mentioned me, heh :)

_Kila_ 7 Apr 2009 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 3168994)
best player to be ingal with: bread| - clearly.

What about me? I even changed the galname from "Hit #2 he's fat" for you Fuzzy! :(

Fuzzy 7 Apr 2009 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_ (Post 3170057)
What about me? I even changed the galname from "Hit #2 he's fat" for you Fuzzy! :(

i named you in worst galmate ever!

dont worry im not neglecting you \o/

Gabriel 7 Apr 2009 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by stay_posi (Post 3168877)
the de_gekste + [ff]brain bp gal was probably the best random gal i've ever exiled into. Had their own galaxy dc tool, managed everyones fleets extremely well, and were generally super nice guys. Too bad i exiled out! :d

+1

Zh|l 9 Apr 2009 20:14

me (in r4)

lizardking 11 Apr 2009 16:05

hum... there are a lot of ppl i could add to the list. But i'll name the few that popped into mind the first i decided to post here.

Jurgen - Awesome politician, good teamplayer and pretty much the only person I ever have to battle rl & pa issues openly @ gal chan. In the end we mostly always have the same perspectives & wievs.

cbk - Also oldtimer, damn good player & good friend, 1 of the ppl i'd like to meet irl still before irl ticker stops.

Sjor - best noobroider in the game, always finding new asteroids and crashin. Much laugh and many tears.

Zo0f - Haven't seen the bloke for years but out of the list of ppl I haven't met irl he'd be the 1 that i'd never expect to cross roads with. (btw if u read this come poke an old friend fs! <3)

There are still plenty of ppl that deserve a mention here, but i simply dunno where to begin...

[JungleMuffin] 11 Apr 2009 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zh|l (Post 3170515)
me (in r4)

I quite liked marduk and his dirty rotten pictures D:

Edge 11 Apr 2009 19:18

Anyone willing to stay on pa 16+ hours a day. =]

antioch 11 Apr 2009 22:04

Centronic is teh best galmate evar he taught me to write in caps and noone knows how to use teh word noob like him and he is drinking the good stuff, the dirty perv!