Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Last time it was bouncing balls... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=192788)

meglamaniac 18 Oct 2006 15:09

Last time it was bouncing balls...

...this time it's paint.

Once again, stunning :o

Death666 18 Oct 2006 15:57

Re: Last time it was bouncing balls...

That is a great ad

Phil^ 18 Oct 2006 16:02

theres a clown in it, pablissimo will be pleased :)

Demon Dave 18 Oct 2006 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil^

why do you think the clown is running ;)

Tactitus 18 Oct 2006 20:37

The clown ruined it for me.

The previous 'bouncing balls' advert radiated a jaunty optimism, with the balls (seemingly representing technological innovation in general and Sony's new product in particular) happily bouncing down a street of low-density housing. A couple of people are shown reacting to the balls with curiosity and wonder, eager to participate in the promise of a brighter future.

In contrast, the 'exploding paint bombs' advert features a bleak and hauntingly Orwellian landscape of abandoned tenements. Technology (in the guise of the exploding paint bombs) has now become dangerous and unpredictable. The only person shown is a clown, fleeing in terror.

I can only surmise that sales of Sony's product have lagged and a bitter corporation has turned to mocking the public.

Maladoni 18 Oct 2006 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon Dave
why do you think the clown is running ;)

He's running from one paint board to another.

Dead_Meat 19 Oct 2006 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactitus
The clown ruined it for me.

The previous 'bouncing balls' advert radiated a jaunty optimism, with the balls (seemingly representing technological innovation in general and Sony's new product in particular) happily bouncing down a street of low-density housing. A couple of people are shown reacting to the balls with curiosity and wonder, eager to participate in the promise of a brighter future.

In contrast, the 'exploding paint bombs' advert features a bleak and hauntingly Orwellian landscape of abandoned tenements. Technology (in the guise of the exploding paint bombs) has now become dangerous and unpredictable. The only person shown is a clown, fleeing in terror.

I can only surmise that sales of Sony's product have lagged and a bitter corporation has turned to mocking the public.

Surely the random, almost Dali-esque nature of the paint being thrown to all four corners of this depressed, lower-class housing project, bringing a vibrant multitude of colours and expression into an otherwise drab and expressionless facade.

The explosions of colour show how the impact of technology can make radical changes to the way people live. I think there is a hidden message, that even if you live in a slum, Sony products can bring colour into your life and help to change your outlook.

If you're looking out on a slum listening to Sisters of Mercy on a $10 combo CD/Radio/Alarm clock, your impression is one of gloom and depression. Listening to that exact same piece on a $1000 dedicated separates system may not make your bank account healthy, but the message the music brings is different.

Think of it as an outpouring of joy that technology brings, not the dark depression of the truly technophobic.

The clown? **** knows.

Dante Hicks 19 Oct 2006 13:31

Ban for advertising please.

Ste 19 Oct 2006 13:34

accordin to the 'making of' video, the clown is there to provide a human element and as a pause before the climax.

Dead_Meat 19 Oct 2006 13:38

Sounds like pseudo-eroticism with a clown fetish if you ask me.

Plus it doesn't make any ****ing sense.

Phang 19 Oct 2006 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactitus
a bleak and hauntingly Orwellian landscape of abandoned tenements.

It was filmed in Glasgow.

Dante Hicks 19 Oct 2006 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
can someone explain what this is about i can't view the video :(

A corporation has ejaculated onto our collective faces and some are so excited about this great privilege they are posting videos of it on the internet.

(It's the new Sony Bravia ad I think. I saw something which could be it on TV the other night and for most of the ad I thought it was Dulux paint. And then I realised it was Sony and I thought 'Their mind control rays won't get me' and then I realised I was watching it on a Sony Bravia and they had already won.)

Dead_Meat 19 Oct 2006 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
A corporation has ejaculated onto our collective faces and some are so excited about this great privilege they are posting videos of it on the internet.

(It's the new Sony Bravia ad I think. I saw something which could be it on TV the other night and for most of the ad I thought it was Dulux paint. And then I realised it was Sony and I thought 'Their mind control rays won't get me' and then I realised I was watching it on a Sony Bravia and they had already won.)

SHUT IT COMMIE

djbass 19 Oct 2006 21:24

I really do feel sorry for the poor bastards on the cleanup team.

pablissimo 19 Oct 2006 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil^

If it was a girl, and slathered in non-toxic paint, and naked, then sure.

But kudos for thinking of me <3