Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome to a bad thread (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191501)

Dace 5 Jul 2006 01:08

Welcome to a bad thread

This is pub talk but does anybody remember watching "bush tucker man"?

It used to be on at a certain time on C4 then it changed to around 11 am on a Sunday (i think) then it changed to about 1pm (i think) cause i can remember watching it before and then it changed to after Church and it was one of the few programs i actually RANTED about watching and got my way in a one TV house.

Anyways ...

vampire_lestat 5 Jul 2006 01:13

Re: Welcome to a bad thread

you've got your link code wrong there dace, but yes, I remember it, wasn't it a program mostly about a bloke who ate insects etc?

also on this note, does anyone else remember kitchen chemestry. That was awesome.

pig 5 Jul 2006 01:14

dont remember it, maybe im too young (21)

vampire_lestat 5 Jul 2006 01:15

If I remember it (18) you aren't too young.

pig 5 Jul 2006 01:16

maybe I was playing football or something

ceres 5 Jul 2006 08:38

It's still on one of the sky documentary channels occasionally
________
Bridle_My_Flame

JC 5 Jul 2006 10:03

The guy was awesome. He could probably make a nuclear reactor out of nothing more than tree bark and mud.

milo 5 Jul 2006 10:11

he used to be on the discovery channel wuite a bit in the 90s, he fixed up his jerry can with some blackshit on the ground

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 10:29

He will probably die younger as a result of his firm belief in his own knowledge.

It´s like people who say ´putting fluor in water does not **** with your mind at all, I had a glass this morning and I´m fine´ but don´t realise they live on an island where they do that with everybody, for life, and it clearly DOES **** up your mental abilities.

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 10:43

Do you know what else ****s up your mental abilities?

Air, that's what.

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 11:03

:) Yeah. And life itself.

Also a shot through the temples does the trick quite impressively.

(http://befreetech.com/fluoridation.htm)

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtrasyn
:) Yeah. And life itself.

(http://befreetech.com/fluoridation.htm)

Even the conspiracy theories on wikipedia don't mention mental abilities.

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 11:20

I can not help that mistar Good

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 11:34

Quote:

Quote:

"$20,000 to the first individual who can provide one copy of any controlled experiment with any of the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) recommended fluorides in water, at the USPHS recommended parts-per-million, which shows that poisonous fluorides are safe and will cause no future body harm."
I can't help but think I've seen this before.

Phang 5 Jul 2006 11:42

so basically are you saying that there is a global mind control conspiracy perpetrated by dentists to control your mind and poison your body?

just trying to clear up your position here like.

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 11:43

Actually that demand for proof is even worse than that daft one in the animal rights thread.

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 11:44

No I put links to studies on a forum read by mostly subjects of named links.

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 11:48

As a matter of interest where do you buy your non-flouridated water?

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 11:55

If I would live in the UK probably at tesco´s. But I´ve been drinking bottled water nearly all of my life. My mom (who was a doctor of medicine btw) told me to do so. I never questioned or asked why, for me it just tasted better than stale, chlorined tapwater.

Marilyn Manson 5 Jul 2006 11:57

So you went out to find the most insane conspiracy theory you could find in order to support an already legitimate personal preference?

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
So you went out to find the most insane conspiracy theory you could find in order to support an already legitimate personal preference?

Yes.

Tomkat 5 Jul 2006 11:59

Quote:

It´s like people who say ´putting fluor in water does not **** with your mind at all, I had a glass this morning and I´m fine´

I'm hoping you mean fluoride here, but I've got a horrible suspicion that it was a typo and you think that putting flour in water will somehow harm your brain :(

Marilyn Manson 5 Jul 2006 11:59

Quote:

Yes.

Why?

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Why?

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 12:04

Quote:

If I would live in the UK probably at tesco´s. But I´ve been drinking bottled water nearly all of my life. My mom (who was a doctor of medicine btw) told me to do so. I never questioned or asked why, for me it just tasted better than stale, chlorined tapwater.

I didn't even know it wasn't in bottled water. Also according to your link
Quote:

Chlorine is widely added to U.S. drinking water today for the sole purpose of killing something, while natural water oxygenation treatments as used in Europe are much more safe for human consumption.
Hurrah for Europe! Personally I can detect virtually no difference in taste between bottled and tap water where I live. Bottled water is usually colder but that's because it's kept in a fridge before you drink it.

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 12:07

I was raised in the city. The water was dreadful. If you live in more natural areas they have excellent water there. So yeah, if you are lucky enough, there is no taste difference.

Here in Spain because of the temperature they put more chlorines in it than anywhere I ever lived so, here the bottled water just tastes better.

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm hoping you mean fluoride here, but I've got a horrible suspicion that it was a typo and you think that putting flour in water will somehow harm your brain :(

hahahahha nono, I meant fluorine or fluoride or what have you. :)

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 12:24

Flourine and flourides are very different things dude. I'm still rather confused as to what you think flourides added to the water does to people.

I've been rereading bits of that second link and you do realise most of it is emotive gibberish?

Quote:

According to an EPA report (following), once you remove the fluorine from Sarin, all that remains is a non-toxic acid. In other words, fluorine--the same fluorine that is in our drinking water--is what gives sarin its "kick".
Do you know what happens when you remove the other elements in sarin? It's similar to saying soap is lethal because certain types of soap are required to make napalm or air is dangerous because phosphorus reacts violently in it.

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 12:32

:) Fluoride. As in, combination of the chemical element Fluorine with some other substance, and/or the Fluorine itself.

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 12:35

Quote:

:) Fluoride. As in, combination of the chemical element Fluorine with some other substance, and/or the Fluorine itself.

So what do you think it does to people?

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 12:48

For real? Nothing :)

I did see photos of what it did with ´subjects´ of tests conducted by Nazi and Japanese ´scientists´ during world war two. Horrible material. For instance, they would give a group of russians a bottle of water with high concentrations of Fl chems and you would see their teeth rot in a perfect circle, where you put the bottle to the lips.

One thing that is true is that it is the active component in many psychofarmaceuticals. However if I recall correctly it is a higly reactive agent, used mostly like cement for strange compounds that would not react otherwise, so that argumant for me is no proof whatsoever.

On the other hand, in the same documents I read where I found the fotos and documents of the ´tests´ performed by the ´scientists´ there was also a written testimony that the people treated with fluorine ´seemed to object less to hard labours and would be more easy to control´ which the germans used as an excuse to put Fl chems in the drinking water of concentration camps so they could do with less staffing.

So, is it true that it ****s your mind up? If you ask me sincerely, yes. In a high enough concentration it will.
So are people in the UK brainwashed becuase of their drinking water? If you ask me sincerely, no ofcourse not as the Fl levels are way too low.
So is it true there is a world wide dentist conspiracy? If you ask me, no.

God JBG you made me talk all sensible and stuff...

Phang 5 Jul 2006 12:52

did you know that if you eat a thousand paracetamol, you might not feel very well?

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 12:57

Yes I knew that. It will destroy your stomach, first because of the nature of paracetamol on a chemical level, second because thousand of those ****ers is like a lot and would hurt like hell.

:)

Demon Dave 5 Jul 2006 14:24

Quote:

So, is it true that it ****s your mind up? If you ask me sincerely, yes. In a high enough concentration it will.

In a high enough concentration Oxygen will **** your mind up. Maybe we should all get air with the oxygen removed so we don't risk it!!!

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon Dave
In a high enough concentration Oxygen will **** your mind up. Maybe we should all get air with the oxygen removed so we don't risk it!!!

uhhhm yeah i guess so, who goes first.

Demon Dave 5 Jul 2006 14:31

Quote:

uhhhm yeah i guess so, who goes first.

you, since i'm quite happy to drink water with flouride in it

Marilyn Manson 5 Jul 2006 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phang
did you know that if you eat a thousand paracetamol, you might not feel very well?

hell no, somebody tell the people

Dace 5 Jul 2006 16:06

9 posts till the de-rail ... hmmmmm

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dace
9 posts till the de-rail ... hmmmmm

It's hardly like your thread was setting the internet alight beforehand dude.

Marilyn Manson 5 Jul 2006 16:18

The thread didn't have a Dace story attached to it, hence it was destined to be derailed. IT WAS JUST ABOUT ****ING POP CULTURE

JonnyBGood 5 Jul 2006 16:28

In fairness to xtrasyn phang he sort of admitted as much in post #31.

Of course as a general warning we should remember the difference between sensible scientific research by a respected institution and gibbering lunatics put up a random site on the internet.

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 16:59

Cheers Jonny

dda 5 Jul 2006 17:12

Quote:

That's only because it lets in the air plus it is a little known fact that bullets are coated with fluoride.

True story!

xtrasyn 5 Jul 2006 17:20

Bullets? I use a squirt gun with UK tap water. Mixed with gaymansemen so you also get the aids.

burmel 5 Jul 2006 20:46

How bad is this tread agein ?

qebab 5 Jul 2006 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Hurrah for Europe! Personally I can detect virtually no difference in taste between bottled and tap water where I live. Bottled water is usually colder but that's because it's kept in a fridge before you drink it.

Around here tap water tastes better (hooray for Norway!), but that might be because the bottled water is warm around here since they don't keep it in fridges in the store because the tap water tastes better anyway.

Achilles 6 Jul 2006 12:58

Tap water is just fine here too. Back on topic though, I've found some of these bush tucker man episodes for download on bittorrent.

Apparently you really can find almost anything these days.

JonnyBGood 6 Jul 2006 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achilles
Tap water is just fine here too. Back on topic though, I've found some of these bush tucker man episodes for download on bittorrent.

Apparently you really can find almost anything these days.

Maybe you can download some dignity and self-respect you intellectual-property-stealing copyright-ignoring communist.

Demon Dave 6 Jul 2006 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe you can download some dignity and self-respect you intellectual-property-stealing copyright-ignoring communist.

who's that in your avatar again Jonny?

JonnyBGood 6 Jul 2006 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon Dave
who's that in your avatar again Jonny?

I believe it's the sixteenth reincarnation of the divine Buddha.