Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So Yahwe (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190904)

Vaio 16 May 2006 00:31

So Yahwe

Why the anonymous neg rep on the post about the death of my mother ?

What sort of sad **** are you exactly ?

NEWSBOT3 16 May 2006 00:55

Re: So Yahwe

maybe he thinks you shouldn't have posted about the death of your mother :/

Vaio 16 May 2006 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
maybe he thinks you shouldn't have posted about the death of your mother :/

I figured, but I would love to know his reasoning behind it.

Vaio 16 May 2006 00:59

Plus it really really annoyed me which come to think of it is probably the reaction he wanted.

SbOlly 16 May 2006 01:08

I would say regardless to wether or not he thought vaio should post that topic, it was in the worst taste ever to neg rep him.

What little respect I have for him has vanished.

Androme 16 May 2006 01:10

He supposedly did the same for me for my reply in your thread.

"the word 'gay' is not an insult. yahwe."

I've pos+ you Vaio to show some <3

eJohn 17 May 2006 14:52

if you expect maturity, logic, or empathy from yahwe you're sadly mistaken.

He's a twat, write him off. It was a crap thing of him to do, but at least it was him, and not anyone else - otherwise we'd have another poster as atrocious as yahwe on the forums

MrL_JaKiri 17 May 2006 15:03

Maybe he wanted you to post a thread complaining about it.

Smudge 17 May 2006 15:13

Attention Seeking++

Dante Hicks 17 May 2006 16:18

The mods often give out who reps who. Yahwe once PM'd me because I anonymously neg repped him and a mod then told him, for instance.

In either case, I don't really see what good can come of this thread. We're all pricks, I think this is recognised, let's move on.

Dace 17 May 2006 16:24

Do you know which person mentioned in this thread can't move on?

JammyJim 17 May 2006 16:24

In the words of Jesus

'wasnt me'

JonnyBGood 17 May 2006 16:26

Nor I, I asked everyone not to do it ages ago and I haven't done it since :(

Dante Hicks 17 May 2006 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dace
Do you know which person mentioned in this thread can't move on?

Me. I'm still pissed off that Buffy the Vampire Slayer isn't on TV anymore and I refuse to progress with my life. :mad:

Marilyn Manson 17 May 2006 16:30

It's like the Da Vinci Code, this.

Dace 17 May 2006 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
It's like the Da Vinci Code, this.

Utterly pointless?!

MrL_JaKiri 17 May 2006 16:32

Quote:

Utterly pointless?!

Basically a rehash of something we've seen many times before.

Marilyn Manson 17 May 2006 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Me. I'm still pissed off that Buffy the Vampire Slayer isn't on TV anymore and I refuse to progress with my life. :mad:

I hear all the faggots have moved onto Lost now. Mabye you could find a place in their big homo tent.

MrL_JaKiri 17 May 2006 16:33

Quote:

Me. I'm still pissed off that Buffy the Vampire Slayer isn't on TV anymore

Why? The last 4 series were pretty awful, or mediocre at best.

MrL_JaKiri 17 May 2006 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I hear all the faggots have moved onto Lost now. Mabye you could find a place in their big homo tent.

Lost was briefly interesting until the formula of the episodes became dull, and it became clear that an enormous amount was just going to be ignored, explanation wise.

Marilyn Manson 17 May 2006 16:36

Quote:

Utterly pointless?!

Fighting is the only way to resolve these kinds of issues.

Dante Hicks 17 May 2006 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri

Series Five was very good in my opinion (I realise you disagree).

Four, Six and Seven weren't very good overall but still had moments which made it worth watching (Once More, Restless, Conversations with...etc).

And Lost is still quite good / enjoyable although it's obviously utterly stupid and contrived.

Deepflow 17 May 2006 16:41

Quote:

But it's the memory of the first three series that always kept the love for Buffy burning in my heart :) The remaining 4 series were good for that reason (there were 7 right?). Anyway, it's not as if they suddenly became awful, or ever were, series 4-7 were just marked out from the other three by not being brilliant. They were still good telly.

furball 17 May 2006 16:44

Quote:

And Lost is still quite good / enjoyable although it's obviously utterly stupid and contrived.

I agree, Lost is very strong through the sheer innovativeness of the storyline, even if it's as contrived as a school being built on a gateway to Hell. Character development is superb, as are the links between characters building up to them all boarding the plane. Spotting another character turning up in another character's flashback adds that je ne sais quoi that makes Lost one of the best series I've ever watched.

Jakiri, are you watching the latter half of season 2 (USA/download) or did you stop watching during season 1? The UK's just started season 2, for clarification.

Dante Hicks 17 May 2006 16:48

I'm still waiting for them to explain why they don't just rush 'the Others' since they have a bunch of guns (or at least, Sawyer does) and there are at least 5 or 6 characters who have experience of killing people / generally being ninjas.

MrL_JaKiri 17 May 2006 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
They were still good telly.

"Good telly" is average telly. Unless it's something actually exceptional, in some way or another, I have far too many other things to watch or do or read to bother with it. At this very moment, The Demolished Man is waiting to be devoured; Bad Education is sitting by my computer with a twinkle in its eye and Grim Fandango is waving from the bookshelf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
I agree, Lost is very strong through the sheer innovativeness of the storyline

I didn't find it anything special, although I find, by and large, that most stories people call innovative have already been done to death by early to mid 20th century science fiction of one kind or another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
Jakiri, are you watching the latter half of season 2 (USA/download) or did you stop watching during season 1? The UK's just started season 2, for clarification.

I forget where I was, I stopped watching with any regularity a month or two ago.

furball 17 May 2006 16:59

Quote:

I'm still waiting for them to explain why they don't just rush 'the Others' since they have a bunch of guns (or at least, Sawyer does) and there are at least 5 or 6 characters who have experience of killing people / generally being ninjas.

Watch up to episode 21.

Marilyn Manson 17 May 2006 17:52

Aye, thanks for deleting a perfectly valid discussion which people apparently were rather engaged by. Fookin' brilliant work, that is.

SYMM 17 May 2006 18:44

Posting threads about rep is shit.

Travler 18 May 2006 12:50

Yahwe has an overwhelming urge to share his misery with the rest of the world.

KoeN 18 May 2006 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by eJohn
if you expect maturity, logic, or empathy from yahwe you're sadly mistaken.

He's a twat, write him off. It was a crap thing of him to do, but at least it was him, and not anyone else - otherwise we'd have another poster as atrocious as yahwe on the forums

Achilles 18 May 2006 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYMM
Posting threads about rep is shit.

I think this thread is more about The Shit than the rep.

Marilyn Manson 18 May 2006 14:38

Can you stop deleting stuff on a forum which you don't even officially moderate, megla?

Ta.

The General8 18 May 2006 14:43

maybe hes doing that thing people do by being so shit and mean he thinks hes cool and gets a kick out of upsetting and making people angry, a la Sunday8pm or idler.

We can only hope he pushes his luck to the point of being banished from GD forever.

Dante Hicks 18 May 2006 14:46

This thread was better before some nonce deleted some of the posts.

Marilyn Manson 18 May 2006 14:51

I can undelete them for you, Darian, but I think it's a moderating faux pas to reverse a fellow mod's prior decision, no matter how arbitrary or seemingly bizzare it may be.

Dace 18 May 2006 15:07

FAUX PAS AWAY!

Marilyn Manson 18 May 2006 15:11

Rankin has given me license to reverse, and Dante has got midly irritated.

undelete ahoy!

Dace 18 May 2006 15:22

we all know it was the right thing to do

Deepflow 18 May 2006 17:35

Quote:

"Good telly" is average telly. Unless it's something actually exceptional, in some way or another, I have far too many other things to watch or do or read to bother with it. At this very moment, The Demolished Man is waiting to be devoured; Bad Education is sitting by my computer with a twinkle in its eye and Grim Fandango is waving from the bookshelf.

Good telly becomes great telly when you have an emotional interest in the characters built up through three series of excellent telly. Oh, and when I watch telly I don't waste my time because at the same time as I am I'm posting on forums, playing go, reading a novel, and writing a novel. Well, maybe not quite, but the point is that simultaneous consumption of different types of media makes the whole idea of me "wasting my time" far more bearable and "other things to do" becomes meaningless when you are doing them anyway :)

Although I should mention that I haven't actually watched buffy for years, meh :(

Cannon_Fodder 18 May 2006 18:11

Quote:

*MINI PLOT SPOILER*

Sawyer loses his gun to the others

*SPOILER OVER*

As to why they didnt rush them before, maybe they didn't know where they were, how many, did they have guns? etc.

Or it could just be another loose end in a mediocre american drama series. Like how the plan broke in two and crash landed on a big island with very few people killed in the crash. Oh and why was the engine still going round etc.

pig 18 May 2006 18:18

you know speaking of good tv, imagine if you could peek + vid and have it as a .com. with maybe www. in front of it and minus the +, imagine the possibilities of watching thundercats, lost and desperate housewives all decent quality and without faffing around with toerrents and downloading. The futures bright the futures orange

Kurashima 18 May 2006 18:48

Discussions involving Lost , Buffy , X-Files , or any other intolerably shit US TV series marks out those involved as potential paedo's with absoloutely no life.

Here endeth the lesson.

JonnyBGood 18 May 2006 18:53

Only a paedophile would accuse other people of being paedophiles.

MrL_JaKiri 18 May 2006 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
Although I should mention that I haven't actually watched buffy for years, meh :(

Well, it did finish years ago. Although if you didn't watch series 6 and 7, then maybe you haven't realised quite how bad they are.

Tomkat 18 May 2006 19:19

I gave Lost a chance with the first series, and it did quite well on the basics. But when they kept going "FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS AND WHY THIS IS THIS" and then they never really revealed anything, but instead made the whole situation more ambiguous it just pissed me off.

You know they'll never have a proper finish to Lost, and the formula of just concentrating on one character an episode (and occasionally throwing other characters in for good measure into their past) does get boring.

I gave up on it for the 2nd series :(

Dante Hicks 18 May 2006 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurashima
those involved as potential paedo's with absoloutely no life.

Hmmm...don't you live on the Isle of Man? Also...
Quote:

Football Manager 06 (online only)
World of Warcraft (lvl 60 priest , lvl 16 druid , lvl 11 warrior , lvl 19 Orc BG Twink).

Quote:

It could be worse, I could spend 6 hours a day trying to improve my PVP ranking in World of Warcraft ...... oh shit, I do that twice a week :(

Quote:

I create stress by playing it now. Im far too competitive in the online clans.

Quote:

Yes , im now a staff writer for the bootroom on SIGames.Com.

Finally, I resent that "potential" remark.

Cannon_Fodder 18 May 2006 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Only a paedophile would accuse other paedophiles of being paedophiles.

Fixed.

MrL_JaKiri 18 May 2006 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniborp
Fixed.

Is that some sort of code?

I am Idler 18 May 2006 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by The General8
maybe hes doing that thing people do by being so shit and mean he thinks hes cool and gets a kick out of upsetting and making people angry, a la Sunday8pm or idler.

We can only hope he pushes his luck to the point of being banished from GD forever.

Can you stop pretend like you speak on behalf of everyone? Even Buddah wants you thrown out a windows, buddy