Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Game of inactives? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198697)

neroon 25 May 2010 07:23

Game of inactives?

"Also, to confirm that paid planets have their incomings "auto-reported" to their alliances when they have incomings."

i dont like this move. it AGAIN only rewards inactivness, helps the active people in no possible way and is just plain sillyness again. same with run/hide, same with god damn prelaunch, etc..

why do u implement such things?

maybe we can have a system for next round that makes the anti CO ships when we get CO incs even when player himself/herself is offline?

Makhil 25 May 2010 07:40

Re: Game of inactives?

I played PA since r3 without this feature, I never thought it was necessary, because an important part of the game is having your gal mates taking care of you and you taking care of them... sad to see this going to shit. Looks like a desperate move to try and get people to pay.

Hosie 25 May 2010 08:34

It makes the game slightly more playable if your unlucky enough to land in an inactive random galaxy and doesn't really change anything for most of the universe.

Complaining for complainings sake is fairly shit. :crymeariver:

Mzyxptlk 25 May 2010 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by neroon (Post 3193393)
it AGAIN only rewards inactivness

No.

isildurx 25 May 2010 08:59

Absolutely delighted they put this in!

[DDK]gm 25 May 2010 09:24

actually its good, makes the game fairer since alliances like CT and ND have had this since notifications were created.

VampiriA 25 May 2010 09:42

Actually, its not bad at all.. i mean i am pro to adding features that make this game a little less hardcore. I mean, u have the active player who gets on pa every other hour, but those people play pa because they like it, and will not stop playing it for any "simple reason". But for the others and the majority, things like that will get them to play the game more, as it makes things more easy and laid back. I think games that require less activity, are more popular now a days, and we shouldn't be stuck in the past, the game needs to move on....

Kjeldoran 25 May 2010 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by neroon (Post 3193393)
"Also, to confirm that paid planets have their incomings "auto-reported" to their alliances when they have incomings."

i dont like this move. it AGAIN only rewards inactivness, helps the active people in no possible way and is just plain sillyness again. same with run/hide, same with god damn prelaunch, etc..

why do u implement such things?

maybe we can have a system for next round that makes the anti CO ships when we get CO incs even when player himself/herself is offline?

I played this game as of round 1 when there wasn't a prelaunch option and all that, but I do understand the "need" for it.

The reason alot of players quit this game is because it's extremely hardcore. As in, waking up at night to send defence or launch your attack(s).

Yes, this doesn't benefit the active players who can afford to stay up the entire night. But if that's the ONLY type of player you want for this game, then you'll have like what ... 100-200 left?

If you want to address the more 'casual' gamer, then things like this need to be implemented. It's a choice you(they) make.

Dworschi 25 May 2010 10:09

noone plays this game as hardcore as back in the time of r2-6 ..
so they help the normal player with advandtages they maybe wanna buy

i think its a comprehensible move of pateam ?

Kjeldoran 25 May 2010 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dworschi (Post 3193406)
noone plays this game as hardcore as back in the time of r2-6 ..
so they help the normal player with advandtages they maybe wanna buy

i think its a comprehensible move of pateam ?

Indeed. I think they implemented Pre-Launch in round 7-8 not? With the obvious disadvantage that a pre-launch was shown on the scan, 2 hours before the fleets are actually launched.

rUl3r 25 May 2010 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3193408)
Indeed. I think they implemented Pre-Launch in round 7-8 not? With the obvious disadvantage that a pre-launch was shown on the scan, 2 hours before the fleets are actually launched.

You can set prelaunch +11 just to annoy people. Itīs good fun.

Kjeldoran 25 May 2010 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by rUl3r (Post 3193411)
You can set prelaunch +11 just to annoy people. Itīs good fun.

Yeah, but back in the days it could only be detected in a scan within 2 hours of the actual launch, if I'm not mistaken.

Wishmaster 25 May 2010 12:29

PL was added at PAX. I hated it then, I ve gone soft and use it now.
However, its not the PA I d like to see. But then again, I loved pia with 30min ticks. :(

Instead of constantly diminishing the payoffs for being active, you should add other things to the game.

In a game like SFC no one cept urself will see if u got incs ( you can be bashed if u dont check for 30mins ). So you need to be online 24/7 or send away ur fleet to save it. This game got 200k players....
Rewarding activity doesnt have to scare away other players.

neroon 25 May 2010 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3193404)
The reason alot of players quit this game is because it's extremely hardcore. As in, waking up at night to send defence or launch your attack(s).

Ppl dont quit since its hardcore, imo this game is far from hardcore. One could most prolly make it hardcore by staying up whole night as u mentioned and be there for every tick but theres no need for it - this game dosent have a need for such thing.

Ppl quit cos it has become more boring, nothing new has been added, player`s ingame actions get restricted by every round and things like that, not that its hardcore..

this is just my opinion ofc..

im also pro for things that make lives easier for new players - faster startup, etc.. but this thing is not helping new or less active players even 1 bit..

on the contrary it might even make it worse for em, since now if they hit a planet (usually smaller planets in smaller more inactive gals) its alot more likely they get defended against if their target has an alliance. Even if whole gal is sleeping/away and noone is around to press the "Report" button theres no elemnent of surprise (or however u call it). The attacker has lost his edge on that attack into an inactive gal and maybe even dies due to having def and no scans or whatever the scenario turns out to be.

Also one thing about prelaunch that i wanted to add.. imo that also can be one reason why WE actually NEED to get up during nights.. as if there was no PL less ppl would b sending during nights, more fleets would b sent in the morning/day/evening and the battles might be more spread throughout the whole day.. thats only assumption here, just a thought ive had concerning prelaunch.

Kjeldoran 25 May 2010 14:38

I mainly quit because I couldn't afford the time spent on the game anymore. Sure I got bored aswell and my motivation was low.

Funny thing is, a PA player takes it for granted an considers it normal that you get up at night to send defense if required. I mean, what "game" requests you to interrupt your nightrest?

Hell, when I still played, most alliances only announced targets during the night 1-2 hours before lauch. This to force their members to be online, to avoid getting scanned for pre-launching and to avoid the targets being leaked. So yeah, I had to get up around 3-4 to launch my fleet.

Looking back at it now, completely retarded tbh.

neroon 25 May 2010 14:47

yups, its quite retarded.. tho there are diffrent kind of alliances, who offer diffrent kind of possibilities.. some offer morning raids, retals during day, etc..

its not a must to wake up during nights to play this game, nor is it really needed if u are satisfied with rank 300 for instance (im not saying u couldnt do better btw and i know ppl that do better with such activity)..

ok this thing isnt about gettin up during night or not, its about a new feature that i dont see any point of and which even makes it a tad harder to land attacks for every planet/player in planetarion.. at least in my eyes

Scott 25 May 2010 15:11

I support it. The people who it helps is those in shit inactive galaxys that arent awake when attacks are sent. If this change causes so much of a problem for you, how about growing some balls and stop hitting inactive galaxys?

Patrikc 25 May 2010 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott (Post 3193442)
i support it. The people who it helps is those in shit inactive galaxys that arent awake when attacks are sent. If this change causes so much of a problem for you, how about growing some balls and stop hitting inactive galaxys?

+1

Veedeejem! 25 May 2010 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott (Post 3193442)
i support it. The people who it helps is those in shit inactive galaxys that arent awake when attacks are sent. If this change causes so much of a problem for you, how about growing some balls and stop hitting inactive galaxys?

+2

Light 25 May 2010 16:40

It rewards those people who upgrade there account.

neroon 25 May 2010 16:54

lol scott.. well i guess i should have seen such a reply coming or sth.. neways i cba to argue about it nemore, just its pointless feature in my eyes that just makes the defence on inactive shitty planets more easier even tho they dont prolly deserve it due to emselves being shit..

however imo if u wanna do nething that makes the gameplay easier and better for new ppl then introduce some sort of new tutorials, easier access to scans tech, shit like that .. not just something that does most of the things automaticly for some inactive player or sth. as said, u should introduce a new system that scans the incoming, calcs it, makes enough ships to cover it and even report all the info with whats in the prod and whats incoming to alliance as well for paid planets for instance.. lets make everything automatic!

Light 25 May 2010 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by neroon (Post 3193448)
lol scott.. well i guess i should have seen such a reply coming or sth.. neways i cba to argue about it nemore, just its pointless feature in my eyes that just makes the defence on inactive shitty planets more easier even tho they dont prolly deserve it due to emselves being shit..

So, it becomes harder to roid inactives? and thats a bad idea why? it isnt really a major change, considering the new players wont be upgraded, so would be uneffected and most paid accounts are in galaxys which would report in the incomings anyway (even if they went random, they'd exile until they was in a semi-decent galaxy).

Quote:

however imo if u wanna do nething that makes the gameplay easier and better for new ppl then introduce some sort of new tutorials, easier access to scans tech, shit like that .. not just something that does most of the things automaticly for some inactive player or sth. as said, u should introduce a new system that scans the incoming, calcs it, makes enough ships to cover it and even report all the info with whats in the prod and whats incoming to alliance as well for paid planets for instance.. lets make everything automatic!
This isnt a change for new players, as they wont be upgraded. Its just an additional benefit to upgrading, giving another reason for people to pay to play the game and support the game.

Stop getting all excited and stop trying to imply that this will turn planetarion into a game for inactive players. The player will still need to be in a decent alliance where there are people online to send the defence and will need to be upgraded.

Maybe, just maybe.. your playstyle of 'roiding the inactives' isnt a playstyle the PA Team nor the community really wants to encourage or advocate.

Wishmaster 25 May 2010 18:09

nub bashing is a roundwinning tactic. This has been proven over and over light. STOP ****ING UP MY CHANCES TO WIN ANOTHER ROUND PA TEAM!

( the nubs I will roid now will have to be allianceless and not upgraded I spose! )

Firebird 25 May 2010 20:59

Rewards invective's this feature is ftl poor form disappointed to see it implemented.

Membrivio 25 May 2010 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 3193459)
Rewards invective's this feature is ftl poor form disappointed to see it implemented.

Wtf you brabbling Birdie?

gzambo 25 May 2010 21:06

this feature was only implemented to encourage people to upgrade their accounts

Zaejii 25 May 2010 21:16

nobody is forcing anyone to pay and upgrade to have access to this feature.

Wishmaster 25 May 2010 22:02

Something they should have implemented instead should be the option to send +1 eta attacks which are not shown on gal status, only for each planet. Forcing people to be active, and giving incentive to pay ( you can do that attack mission )

Light 25 May 2010 22:17

As per usual, certain members of the community are resisting any change which aims to make the game slightly more casual. Hell, this isnt even a major change and wont really effect most people.. yet its still got a forum thread with people complaining about it.

Its also got Wishmaster in it, with suggestions about how to make the game more hardcore and force people to be more active!

ellonweb 25 May 2010 22:28

This has nothing* to do with activity. All this does is remove a tech barrier: certain alliances already had this capability (ND and possibly CT too); now every alliance has this ability.

The only people benefiting from this are people like me.

*very little

Knight Theamion 25 May 2010 22:37

I think although it should be autoreported, when it is recalled it should only update the recall if the planet is logged in.

DunkelGraf 25 May 2010 23:11

Its removes the possibility for a casual player to attack bigger planets!
All you can do is hit smallest planets in smallest gals.
I know that a lot of people do not like smaller planets being able to roid bigger ones......... so be it

Patrikc 26 May 2010 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellonweb (Post 3193469)
This has nothing* to do with activity you retarded bunch of morons. All this does is remove a tech barrier: certain alliances already had this capability (ND and possibly CT too); now every alliance has this ability.

You're calling us morons when you're the one that can't (or refuses) to see that this debate obviously is also about those notifications (even if it is a round or two late).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
Its removes the possibility for a casual player to attack bigger planets!
All you can do is hit smallest planets in smallest gals.
I know that a lot of people do not like smaller planets being able to roid bigger ones......... so be it

How are bigger planets affected by this, AT ALL? They're the ones that will have someone in their gal online each tick.

Wishmaster 26 May 2010 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 319347)

How are bigger planets affected by this, AT ALL? They're the ones that will have someone in their gal online each tick.

thats just not true. in r34 in 1:2 several solo incs got through and we didnt notice till eta 4. A couple of times we managed to save it by ingal defence.

If you attack at the right time, alot of gals wont have anyone online cause they dont think they will get incs. PL / ally attacks however and they will make sure someone are online to sort shit.

DunkelGraf 26 May 2010 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3193494)
thats just not true. in r34 in 1:2 several solo incs got through and we didnt notice till eta 4. A couple of times we managed to save it by ingal defence.

If you attack at the right time, alot of gals wont have anyone online cause they dont think they will get incs. PL / ally attacks however and they will make sure someone are online to sort shit.

Exactly!

Mzyxptlk 26 May 2010 13:48

If you don't notice "A planet in your galaxy has incomings!", then surely you wouldn't notice "YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED" either?

Kjeldoran 26 May 2010 13:58

Perhaps, when the person is only selectively "noticing" :)

Perhaps the person doesn't care if his galaxy is getting attacked but he does care if his alliance is.

Wishmaster 26 May 2010 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3193506)
If you don't notice "A planet in your galaxy has incomings!", then surely you wouldn't notice "YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED" either?

while you have 7 people alongside you in a gal, you can have up to 99 in an alliance.

You might say that its a "bit" more likely that someone will be around out of the 99 than out of the 7.

Just a thought!

Benneh 26 May 2010 16:33

Stupid feature, will only save the big rather than the small in all fairness.

The small even if incs, even if reported like this still dont have a chance in some cases to cover and it makes bigger planets harder to hit. No real need for nightwatch now. Score. There is nothing more satisfying than sneaking an attack through on some big planet with noone noticing. Thats gone now.

Should make it a setting you have to have say 35 points of your population on. Rewards actives and also helps inactives. Then people can also choose to switch it up when they are gone or not.

Wishmaster 26 May 2010 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh (Post 3193519)
Stupid feature, will only save the big rather than the small in all fairness.

The small even if incs, even if reported like this still dont have a chance in some cases to cover and it makes bigger planets harder to hit. No real need for nightwatch now. Score. There is nothing more satisfying than sneaking an attack through on some big planet with noone noticing. Thats gone now.

Should make it a setting you have to have say 35 points of your population on. Rewards actives and also helps inactives. Then people can also choose to switch it up when they are gone or not.

good idea. Only works if you have 35 points in security or something.

Benneh 26 May 2010 16:39

Well i was thinking just another section maybe called Intel or something. Could link it to stealth too i guess! Or to many cov oppers games would be ruined :p

Paisley 26 May 2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh (Post 3193519)

Great Idea, pretty much what wish said aswell with it being on 35% security or something

isildurx 26 May 2010 16:54

This is a good idea

JonnyBGood 26 May 2010 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3193520)
good idea. Only works if you have 35 points in security or something.

End of the round everyone has 35 on security. And this is when you'd want the ability to maybe get through on someone. So I'd disagree from that perspective.

Wishmaster 26 May 2010 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3193531)
End of the round everyone has 35 on security. And this is when you'd want the ability to maybe get through on someone. So I'd disagree from that perspective.

yes, I will have to agree. didnt think that far.

Like the idea though, and would sort it for everyone.