Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Put galaxy status back to the top of the menu (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198589)

Trunks 22 Mar 2010 00:32

Put galaxy status back to the top of the menu

Simple suggestion really, put the gal status button back to the top:) preferred it there

Zaejii 22 Mar 2010 00:46

Re: Put galaxy status back to the top of the menu

yeah i have trouble finding it and politics. i think gal status was at the top of its old grouping and politics was the bottom?

zebra 22 Mar 2010 06:09

Yes, or just more skins in general (probably something that's already being worked on I'd guess).

M0RPH3US 22 Mar 2010 19:10

yes pls

its the most important page probably, put it on the top :)

Trunks 23 Mar 2010 03:33

I have nothing wrong with the skin itself, just this button in particular :) Overview is by itself at the top, gal status> overview :) Replace or add it at the top imo :)

Mzyxptlk 23 Mar 2010 05:49

There's lots of things wrong with the skin. Before I compile a short list, let me say than I'm using the text-only skin, though from what I've seen from the r32 skin, the list applies to that skin as well (and probably others).

Overview: I approve entirely of moving the global announcement thing to a separate page and in-page pop-up, it makes things much more legible. I would however (and I've said this before) change it to something that sounds a little more professional than "important messages". Additionally, please finally introduce a quests page, it's beyond me why that info can still only be found on the overview.

Research: way too much info on one page. It's totally incomprenensible. The usage of javascript in the previous interface was excellent, it is beyond me why it was removed. I'll get to scrolling soon.

Construction: Pretty much exactly the same thing.

Scan: Even on a 900px high page, I can't see the bottom scan and it's even worse if I've already done a scan, it's not incommon for only the 3 top scans to be visible. Why the **** do you make me scroll every time I want to do an Advanced Unit or Jumpgate Probe, which is pretty much every second time I'm on that page? The info given for each scan is useful for new players, but everyone who's played the game before knows which scan is which and for them the info is useless. Auto-hide it.

Every single ****ing page: DEAR LORD THE HORIZONTAL SCROLL. ****ing hell, who the **** ever thought this was a good idea? You know, there's this beautiful set-up that's been used for pretty much, oh, I don't know, every single ****ing interface since punch cards: navigation on the right, header at the top. Stick. To. ****ing. Conventions.

So yeah, basically what I'm advocating is reverting every single change you made to the interface, except for the global announcement thing. Lastly, here, use this.

ricoshay 23 Mar 2010 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoshay (Post 3189932)
Given that there are quite a few people that do NOT like the new layout of the research/construction/waves pages and/or the new side-menu, could we pretty please have a "classic" skin with the old layout available?

Annie 23 Mar 2010 13:46

Who made these changes and do they actually play the game?

The scan page is my most used page, it was concise before, I do like the idea that I can check a button and scan a number of scans at once of a planet, but the other changes make this pale...

I would like at least my last 10 scans on the same page, also go back to before with scans clean and straight down in a row, the scrolling is miserable and the information on that page is only needed once so why not put it in a info link.

Tietäjä 25 Mar 2010 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie (Post 3190000)
Who made these changes and do they actually play the game?

They don't. The people in charge of development department are volunteers that have been working on the poor excuse for a game for half a decade pro bono.

What do you really expect of them?

Judge 25 Mar 2010 13:59

Perhaps it would be possible to have a menu where the player can select the button(s) and move them to his/her own preferred positions?

Zaejii 25 Mar 2010 15:56

that^

on another note, anyone other than myself keep looking for Mail/Messages under the communications category?

Mzyxptlk 25 Mar 2010 17:08

I got used to that pretty quickly, actually. Probably because half the time I clicked the "!Mail!" and "!News!" buttons anyway.

tobyy 25 Mar 2010 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunks (Post 3189914)
Simple suggestion really, put the gal status button back to the top:) preferred it there

best suggestion :salute:

Zaejii 25 Mar 2010 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3190097)
I got used to that pretty quickly, actually. Probably because half the time I clicked the "!Mail!" and "!News!" buttons anyway.

i mainly go looking for it on my mobile. when you zoom in on a page, it focuses to the left so you end up with Overview, Communications, etc.