Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   r22 Prediction (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194720)

DrunkenViking 16 Jun 2007 10:50

r22 Prediction

This thread is missing. I want some hefty predictions :D

teqh 16 Jun 2007 11:21

Re: r22 Prediction

mhm.. no-one dares to go first! so il start :D

I suspect the top 3 contenders to be CT, Jenova and Ascendancy.
How the politics get played have much to say, but since i haven`t played the last rounds i don`t know the allies relations, so i can`t really predict.
Will also be interesting to see how good Vision, Rock, ToF can be etc.

Hopefully an interesting round!
anyone got some juicy intel or other predictions?

ReligFree 16 Jun 2007 12:30

My intel says that Ascendancy will claim to be an alliance not playing, and playing "for fun" if someone hits them, and claim bashing.

Bane 16 Jun 2007 12:49

Whoever gets newt will win.

DrunkenViking 16 Jun 2007 13:00

Whoever gets me will loose, that being both alliance and galaxy. And since i dont have a bp i will go random and fck up as many galaxies as i can :D

On a more serious note; it will be interesting to see what Jenova can bring to the game. Conspiracy is looking strong and as far as i know they've recruited some real quality between theese rounds. Ascendancy will ofc "not play" and by that have some 10-20% of the top100 planets. Angels is always a contender, may have lost some key members to Jenova, i dunno. And ofc there are allies like Newdawn, xVx, Subh, VsN, VGN, TGV, Rock, etc that can do well if things go their way. I personally think asc and Jenova got the better chance of doing well. Jenova for their disciplined members and command and asc for their flexible style of play. May be a fun round, who knows.

Rinoa 16 Jun 2007 15:13

Yeah the smart moneys on Angels....

Tomkat 16 Jun 2007 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReligFree
My intel says that Ascendancy will claim to be an alliance not playing, and playing "for fun" if someone hits them, and claim bashing.

Ascendancy always plays seriously. They just don't take the game seriously.

Heartless 16 Jun 2007 15:38

I predict that round 22 will be very, very boring.

Jonas 16 Jun 2007 15:45

Whatever alliance Mek joins comes third...

Foxman 16 Jun 2007 15:59

I think this round should be pretty open,
Jenova, Asc and ct all wanting to win, and we shouldent forget ND and others either,

i personaly think > #1 Asc #2 Jenova #CT

jerome 16 Jun 2007 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReligFree

when have Ascendancy EVER done this?
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Ascendancy will ofc "not play" and by that have some 10-20% of the top100 planets.

when have Ascendancy ever claimed to "not play"?

Predictions:
#1 Ascendancy
#2 onwards is irrelevant.

Bane 16 Jun 2007 16:59

I think he means not 'try'. But they actually will 'try'.

Mzyxptlk 16 Jun 2007 17:22

Ascendancy mass recruiting and fence sitting, as it's clearly the best and most effortless way to win. I also predict widespread use of fakenicks and defence relay channels, as well as #*.tv channels on every alliance.

Yeah, we'll win.

Vaio 16 Jun 2007 19:15

I predict lots of sleep deprivation and overdosing on caffeine. Maybe the end of a few relationships and possibly a divorce.

When I last played my wife at the time told me that if I didnt stop playing Planetarion she was going to divorce me. I carried on playing and the bitch didnt :(

BloodyButcher 16 Jun 2007 19:18

CT will win.

Kargool 16 Jun 2007 19:21

Im tempted to say if ascendancy doesnt win this round I will eat a shoe, but knowing ascendancy they will boot all their members the last tick just to make me eat that shoe.

Anyways:

1: Ascendancy
2: Conspiracy
3: Jenova

Mek 16 Jun 2007 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas
Whatever alliance Mek joins comes third...

<3
:D

NitinA 16 Jun 2007 20:43

My guess for #1 would be Jenova--which has very strong VtS influences.

Contenders I see are Jenova, CT, and mabye Asc.

Asc has a shot if they keep a low profile, very little chance of that after last round. Asc's best strategy to win would be to ascend (pun intended) through the ranks much like last round, and keep a low profile, while outgrowing people valuewise (strong asc-heavy galaxies, good ingal cross-def, planets out of tag seems logical). Being a bit more proactive in their targeting or orchastrating hits on alliances would definantly be a large incentive.

lokken 16 Jun 2007 20:57

Ascendancy's performance will be based solely on the motivation of its members, simply because it's up to them decide what they want to do. Plus we are carrying Alki and jerome so how anyone can expect us to win with them on board I don't know :(

zokka 16 Jun 2007 20:57

1. Asc
2. CT
3. Angels
4. Vgn
5. Jenova

furball 16 Jun 2007 21:05

I predict that jerome won't get a top 10 planet.

Kargool 16 Jun 2007 21:09

Ascendancy dont really have to tag up many members since they tend to go with the crawl up into one gal strategy. so they can actually come from behind.. oh dear. a gay pun. :(

Illuvatar 16 Jun 2007 22:45

the fact that I dont know who is playing for Jenova makes me think twice about them. I'm pretty sure bp sizes of 5 people will totally fit into Ascendancys way of playing. CT recruited alot of good players at this stage so my pediction goes:

1. CT or Ascendancy
2. The Ally who got pwned by either CT or Asc
3. Jenova (who might be Kingmaker in this case)
4-6. usual suspects such as Subh/ND/ToF/VisioN (go VisioN, really nice bunch of players)

Mistwraith 17 Jun 2007 00:25

I predict lots of complaints about the new changes, and cos of them someone obscure will win :P

DrunkenViking 17 Jun 2007 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerome
when have Ascendancy ever claimed to "not play"?

It's just a complimentary exaggeration... :p

Jester 17 Jun 2007 09:10

1. Jenova
The rest:
CT gets beaten by Jenova, and ends further down the ranks. #2 to someone blocked with Jenova or someone not involved (like Ascendancy last round).

MiereNeuker 17 Jun 2007 14:21

I think r22 will bring back many old alliances giving it one more try because this round is free, and that because of these returning players r22 could get very interesting :)

JonnyBGood 17 Jun 2007 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane
I think he means not 'try'. But they actually will 'try'.

What does "try" mean? I aim to win every round personally. Just sometimes it doesn't work out. I imagine we'll do much of the same again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitina
Being a bit more proactive in their targeting or orchastrating hits on alliances would definantly be a large incentive.

wanna rejoin and do it for us?

gzambo 17 Jun 2007 15:15

it's obvious after last rd's rebuilding rock will win this rd especially if assman accepts our offer of letting jenova be our flak ally :p
so go to the pub no point in playing

Bane 17 Jun 2007 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What does "try" mean? I aim to win every round personally. Just sometimes it doesn't work out. I imagine we'll do much of the same again.

Ofc that is the reality, but I was refering to DrunkenVikings 'not playing' statement thinking that he meant ascendancy will not try. Ofc they do but the image of ascendancy with a lot of players around r20 especially was the whole 'while you were trying, we were sleeping'.

Allfather 17 Jun 2007 15:30

My intel says i will climb to #2 spot, but then getting deleted by kileman & possy for shipfarming :(

JonnyBGood 17 Jun 2007 16:07

Quote:

Ofc that is the reality, but I was refering to DrunkenVikings 'not playing' statement thinking that he meant ascendancy will not try. Ofc they do but the image of ascendancy with a lot of players around r20 especially was the whole 'while you were trying, we were sleeping'.

This isn't really accurate. While there are active members in ascendancy there are also very inactive members. This was reflected in how last round while we had a very high number of players in the t50/100 the numbers further down weren't there. Apparently we've recruited more people though so maybe things will change*.

*I'm quite looking forward to setting up descendancy for one.

Digiscent 17 Jun 2007 21:57

prediction!!
me #1

HellKicker 17 Jun 2007 22:40

I would not be surprised if Jenova won. I also find it hard to believe that CT will beat Asc.

1. Jenova
2. Ascendancy
3. Conspiracy
4. not VGN.

isildurx 17 Jun 2007 22:47

I think its pretty wide open, bet there be some bug of some sorts to abuse this round so we will have to see. Whatever alliance plays its politics best will succeed i imagine.

Cooling 17 Jun 2007 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allfather
My intel says i will climb to #2 spot, but then getting deleted by kileman & possy for shipfarming :(

It'd be way cooler if you didn't have to farm ships to get yourself to the #2 spot :(

Just sayin y'know, because only cool people who don't cheat are allowed to be winners at this game :rolleyes:

Allfather 18 Jun 2007 07:25

:(

Bane 18 Jun 2007 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This isn't really accurate. While there are active members in ascendancy there are also very inactive members. This was reflected in how last round while we had a very high number of players in the t50/100 the numbers further down weren't there. Apparently we've recruited more people though so maybe things will change*.

*I'm quite looking forward to setting up descendancy for one.

True, in that case I guess I meant your higher ranked players as almost all alliances have their inactive group.

Achilles 18 Jun 2007 11:12

#1 Ascendancy
#2 Jenova
#3 Conspiracy
#4 VgN
#5 Descendancy

qebab 18 Jun 2007 12:40

Achi will win!

Tietäjä 18 Jun 2007 13:19

Quote:

True, in that case I guess I meant your higher ranked players as almost all alliances have their inactive group.

I guess we could say, that given how last round ended, Ascendancy had an active group not miles and miles away from Wolfpack's group, but suffered a broader base of inactives. With the mentioned new recruits, Ascendancy will probably turn out to be the alliance possessing the group of players with the highest activity and skill. To add to it, their image makes them less applicable targets (for some ackward reason), hence Conspiracy and Jenova will probably end up pummeling each other for starters.

So.

#1 Ascendancy
#2 Conspiracy
#3 Jenova

The rest are trivial.

Bane 18 Jun 2007 14:08

But as always with the top 3 #2 and #3 will nap to take on #1 (possibly ascendancy) and deny they did, well you know the rest of the crap that comes with it. :)

My proper prediction would indeed be

#1 Ascendancy
#2 Conspiracy
#3 Jenova

But I'm not really clear on the memberlist of Jenova that's why they got the third.

JonnyBGood 18 Jun 2007 14:22

Apparently there are a number of old Legion players (maybe 20 odd?) in jenova. I'd imagine a number of ex-angels players from last round will have moved across with assassin but this is really just supposition. Maybe a Jenova hc would like to inform us of their memberlist for next round so we can have a more accurate predictions thread! After all if you're fake-nicking what is there to fear.

Bar fear itself I guess.

And giant angry homocidal bunny rabbits.

Bane 18 Jun 2007 14:34

If many of the (if not all) old Legion players haven't played since pre-PAX then that's certainly not going to help. Ideally you'ld need a round just to practise and try out changes with the game. When I returned I basically said 'Okay, how do I scan for roids?' :( hope they had a decent crash course.

JonnyBGood 18 Jun 2007 14:41

Or they could have played the recent speedgames! PA has never been a ridiculously hard game to pick up, it's far more about activity, especially in an alliance likely to provide you with bcs, dcs, scanners, raids every night etc etc.

Tietäjä 18 Jun 2007 15:08

Taking into account that I won the first PAX round I played the changes shouldn't be a problem if you can be arsed to look through them and familiarize yourself with the system before the tickstart.

Bane 18 Jun 2007 15:15

Ofc it's not very hard but every little helps! Indeed if the activity is quality then they'll do very well.

Soulblighter 18 Jun 2007 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo
it's obvious after last rd's rebuilding rock will win this rd especially if assman accepts our offer of letting jenova be our flak ally :p
so go to the pub no point in playing

lol. :p. Is Med-Ion stil arroundish. PS you played ********** once and if I recall correctly we where galm8s.

Soulblighter 18 Jun 2007 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiereNeuker
I think r22 will bring back many old alliances giving it one more try because this round is free, and that because of these returning players r22 could get very interesting :)

True, but which old alliances might give it one more try. Can't be that many ;)

Allfather 18 Jun 2007 17:33

Think its nice having "old timers" back, and really those I seen so far, good chaps, good players & nice people :)

If they know the current "system" or not is one thing, its extremely easy to learn. But they got something most pa players don't have, commitment & "stamina" :)