Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Galaxy Picture (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189083)

Odds 29 Dec 2005 21:59

Galaxy Picture

Can we please put the picture back on top of the galaxy. It just looks shoddy to be honest and even on my sizeable monitor, I can't see a galaxy pic without scrolling. Stick with the fixed image dimensions and it'll be fine.

Cheers.

MrLobster 31 Dec 2005 03:20

Re: Galaxy Picture

Agreed!!!!

furball 31 Dec 2005 12:02

Disagreed!!!!

Kargool 31 Dec 2005 12:09

no thanks, the galaxy contents is much more important than some random picture.

Zero 31 Dec 2005 13:32

agreed! (with Kargool)

Appocomaster 31 Dec 2005 17:57

We're setting it so that PAN onwards, you can choose to have it above, below, or not present at all. We argued this out in private and this was the only thing we could agree on ;)

MrLobster 31 Dec 2005 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster
We're setting it so that PAN onwards, you can choose to have it above, below, or not present at all. We argued this out in private and this was the only thing we could agree on ;)

Agree to disagree!

Ultimate Newbie 4 Jan 2006 11:22

Quote:

that is a surprisingly clever idea. truely, i am shocked that a committee can achive something like that. Usually, its a case of this. Quite refreshing :). What is the default setting though?

Tbh, i'm none too fussed. If i want to search through galaxies (which i dont often anymore as i am not a BC) i tend to use Sandmans. If i want to make a scan, i tend to use the scan page as i have the co-ordinates already (as a DC/n00b scann0r) etc.

Monroe 4 Jan 2006 21:39

I thought it was fun way back when when smallish gals would post gal pics of other big gals as their pic to try and scare away potential attackers. Though I am sure it did little to prevent incomming, it was fun to see! :D
Giving gals the choice is fine by me.

Appocomaster 4 Jan 2006 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroe

Not gals - the individual players.

Kal 4 Jan 2006 22:15

depending on how ajax'ed things get (there are issues with ajax which may prevent this sort of thing for us) its technically possible to produce an entirly customisable user interface where people could drag and drop things to put them where they want them.

Intruder 5 Jan 2006 00:24

Quote:

:salute:

SYMM 5 Jan 2006 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal
depending on how ajax'ed things get (there are issues with ajax which may prevent this sort of thing for us) its technically possible to produce an entirly customisable user interface where people could drag and drop things to put them where they want them.

I'd be interested to know what issues, might be able to help :)

furball 5 Jan 2006 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal

Oooh :)

I'm really looking forward to ajaxed Planetarion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroe
I thought it was fun way back when when smallish gals would post gal pics of other big gals as their pic to try and scare away potential attackers. Though I am sure it did little to prevent incomming, it was fun to see!

I miss that :(

Remy 6 Jan 2006 17:21

Id go for not at all then :P

Gal pics are sooo useless, and we can all assume from now on that we are all equally brilliant at finding funny pictures :D