Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Roleplaying (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   D&d (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=169718)

adam 18 Sep 2003 13:21

D&d

I am thinking about staryting a D&D game , give me your thoughts, no this wont be just one quest it will BE THE WOOOOORRRLLLLLD

AcidK 18 Sep 2003 13:25

You mean just like AD&D online (AKA: Tharpferr), not one quest, but an entire world on which you can develop within. I think it would be good, although it mostly depends on what DMing will be like, has the DM got the right information to go through a D&D world and has that same DM got enough of the D&D books to know what he/she is talking about?

Apart from these, I'll be for it :p

adam 18 Sep 2003 13:27

:D great and yes i do have adequet knowledge of what i am doing

flapjack 18 Sep 2003 14:36

hehehe, D&D and AD&D are fun, tough they usually make the life of wizards somewhat hard (limiting the amount of times you can cast a spell every day makes it hard, tough the other side of that is that the spells are WAY more powerfull, which makes a 1 shot 1 kill much more of a possibility)

anyways, i'd join as an elven wizard (or archer/wizard)

Flik 18 Sep 2003 20:09

Adam doesn't even tell me when he makes a thread. *Tisk Tisk*. Well i would join, mabey even edit his post for grammer and spelling mistakes;). I can edit adams posts so everyone knows what he's talking about:D. Anyway...

Suggestions
-Full lists of weapons, Armour Ext..
-Make everything simple and have Roleplay
-Map
-Monsters known(If we find a monster then put it in a post Eg-At the beginning put monster page and leave it blank and fill in with every monster and where it was found, and everytime its founf put the location)
-Castles, Towns, Dungeons Ext...

AcidK 18 Sep 2003 20:47

Obvious monsters would be Orcs, Goblins, Dragons, etc

But more of the complex monsters should be added to make this thread as much like AD&D as possible (ie, Pasari-Nimi, Lythari, Peryton, etc).

And another thing about Magic, which I like about AD&D is that it takes litems and time to cast them (ie, walk on water needs a vial of water, wall-crawlling needed a living spider, etc)

adam 18 Sep 2003 22:01

Flik shutup....

anyway i will be using the 4th edition rules, i managed to get a cpoy the day it was released :D happiness

I will mkae up a character sheet in a bit until then feel free to post ideas... except you flik

i will do the rolling behind the scenes jus incase you were wondering

now i just have to find my book lol dumb book mites hiding stuff on me.... anyway one thing i found stupid is that the dog has more dex than a cat wassup with that?

AcidK 18 Sep 2003 22:46

Makes them to be used guard dogs rather than cats, otherwise instead of evil-looking guard dogs you'd have evil, trained, killer cats :p

adam 18 Sep 2003 22:56

How about KILLER SQUIRRELS BWAHAHAHAHHA

Flik 18 Sep 2003 23:43

F*ck you, screw this im not participating...:mad:

Inspectre 19 Sep 2003 15:42

Hmm . . . 4th edition? I thought the latest was 3.5? :s

adam 19 Sep 2003 20:35

well you get the point.. lol

Flik 19 Sep 2003 21:51

Well lets get cooking...CHARACTER SHEETS!!!!!!!!!

*I leave my account page on for only like, you know, like, 10 hours, and like, you, like, flame, like, you know, like, yourself*

adam 19 Sep 2003 21:54

someones a lier :D

Flik 19 Sep 2003 21:57

Quote:

Originally posted by adam
someones a lier :D
Your bnot aloud to post in this forum unless it has to do with the thread, no insults! Im very sensitive!

Now do the CHARACTER SHEETS...

Please:(

adam 19 Sep 2003 22:03

gotta find my book first *looks around*

Flik 19 Sep 2003 22:08

Quote:

Originally posted by adam
gotta find my book first *looks around*
*its in my room*:D

:rolleyes:

adam 19 Sep 2003 22:22

YOU EVIL *smacks flik with his vorperal sword hacking off several limbs)

adam 21 Sep 2003 22:51

*scoures every place in the house ontop of stuuf inbetween stuff, below stuff, seacrhes parents room, serachers the basement, searches his room etvt etc etc etc

Heiro 22 Sep 2003 15:01

Actual D&D doesnt work on forums so well, or irc...believe me, ive tried. I just started my own interactive world, but it'll become known when i get off my ass and actually do some work for the bugger... But ive got a name, and a first gen map up somewhere :P

Anyhow, If the DMing is more literary than combaty, ill play. I cant be doing with 'You walk into a room and 6 orcs sit around the table', cause that sucks. Frankly..

flapjack 22 Sep 2003 16:01

hehehehe

i did that to a group of players once, problem was, 10 minutes later my 8 orcs where dead

anyways, you know what's funny

you walk into a little house, not expecting anything big or powerfull since that won't fit, then find that there is a dragon inside

adam 22 Sep 2003 20:50

....er right

DUMB BOOK SHALT YE BE DESTROYED

no it wont be like, you walk into the rom with 6 orcs lol that really sucks

Heiro 22 Sep 2003 21:17

Quote:

Originally posted by flapjack
hehehehe

i did that to a group of players once, problem was, 10 minutes later my 8 orcs where dead

anyways, you know what's funny

you walk into a little house, not expecting anything big or powerfull since that won't fit, then find that there is a dragon inside

My point exactly.

adam 22 Sep 2003 21:19

like the gingerbread man, now that dragon was evul, eating my puie without asking me Pffft im all like, VORPRAL SWORD TO THE HEAD and there it went

Heiro 22 Sep 2003 21:42

another good example.

adam 22 Sep 2003 21:49

:D pffft the dragon was all like, IM A GREAT WYRM BOW BEFORE ME and im like pshaw yah right and hes all NATURAL 20 CRITICAL and im a like hahaha 10% health

Heiro 22 Sep 2003 21:54

And again.

flapjack 22 Sep 2003 22:03

*flapjack summons the globe of void to attack adam, after reading on the ARTIFACT on some website on the internet*

hehehe, let him handle that 1

stats on globe of void:

the globe of void is a small blue sphere, but at the slighest motion could suddenly be triggered, a triggered globe of void causes effects similar to a small black hole, transportation spells will cause immense explosions and the only other way of stopping it is by finding the correct counterspell and touching the globe (this means that you will be sucked into the globe of void, you must be quick enough with the spell or you will be killed, wishes cannot be used to remove the globe of void unless they involve transporting it, in which case it will explode)

*flapjack eats the only counterspell scrolls, then goes into cover*

be happy, i could have used the void trap, it's worse because when it triggers you're sucked in straight away

adam 22 Sep 2003 22:25

*adam reaches into his sack and pulls out a necklace*

Hahaha this is the necklace of dispell, it destroys all magic with 100ft no matter how good *the globe disspaers*

*Adam grabs a scrool and begins murmoring as he cast time stop, Adam takes out his vropral sword and hacks off several limbs*

and you wonder why people dislike you

AcidK 22 Sep 2003 23:34

*AcidK stabs Adam with a Runeblade, directly from coksix to upper head.*

Stats on Runeblade:

Vertually A magic-enhanced sword, but even without magical effects it is still a powerful enough sword to kill anyone that gets in the blade's way.

adam 22 Sep 2003 23:38

didnt i make that one?

well i guess im just going to have to go

*adam pulls out his shield of the dragons which 1/4ths all damage from blades, and his boots of speed which gives him time stop all of the time*

Missed me :D

flapjack 23 Sep 2003 11:02

*flapjack notes the piece of text indicating that ONLY that 1 dispel spell with dispel the globe of void, nothing else, even if it has the ability to dispel anything*

anyways, since i'm not here (i'm in the globe of void, remember, i triggered it) you missed me

AcidK 23 Sep 2003 11:22

How coulkd I miss you, I have the Bracelet of Accuracy, the Medalion of Sight and the Ring of Warriors (All of which, if you read carefully in the rulebooks, are three of the highest materials you can get in D&D, not counting weapons and armour ofc).

Zappa Tenderlea 23 Sep 2003 11:41

*dons the necklace of nonsencestopping, and kills y00 all with his bare hands.*

adam 23 Sep 2003 12:20

yah well i got some ptreety good Magic crap in my bag of infinte no stealingness

*takes out a helmet and a spellbook* my barbarian has spells up to a 20th lvl spell caster, and he is lvl 10 with 10k hp along with 100 with each stat, the gods like him, well in this thread anyway

AcidK 23 Sep 2003 12:36

ah ah ah, you have a dispel charm upon you, you cannot use magic so nyah

adam 23 Sep 2003 12:42

i will put it in the bag so Nyah nyah *puts the dispell amulet in his second bag of magic supression* got that in a titans stronghold, pretty mean guys

*cast time stop* yawn

Heiro 23 Sep 2003 15:01

Quote:

Originally posted by AcidK
*AcidK stabs Adam with a Runeblade, directly from coksix to upper head.*

Stats on Runeblade:

Vertually A magic-enhanced sword, but even without magical effects it is still a powerful enough sword to kill anyone that gets in the blade's way.

*Coccyx

Now do i have to start taking the piss, as...well frankly, none of this can even keep up :P

adam 23 Sep 2003 21:03

still searchin

flapjack 24 Sep 2003 10:15

*flapjack also summons a mature golden dragon with a charm of counter-speed and time spells*

hahahaha, your timestop will not harm me

*flapjack rides the dragon*

KraKto$is8 24 Sep 2003 12:49

I don't wanna play 3rd Edition.

Let's play the first one. Pure D&D. From 1978ish. Only 4 Classes: Warrior, Cleric, Elf, and Dwarf. Ph33r!

flapjack 24 Sep 2003 17:44

note: elf = race, not class

adam 24 Sep 2003 20:49

never seen the old edition it seems

Absoulutly not specially if elf is a class

AcidK 25 Sep 2003 00:09

Actually, to put it frank, I have first edition rulebooks (me bieng me) and all non-human playable character types were classes, not races (unlike later versions that changed that, not including the 13 versions of AD&D which changed the ruleset completely). Elves, Halflings and Dwarves had a seperate class-set as to human magic-users, warriors, clerics and so forth.

In a further note, the first edition classes were: Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, Warrior and Magic-User (covering both cleric and mages)

*AcidK types as he has the DM rulebook open on his lap.*

Total Ph33r!

Heiro 25 Sep 2003 16:52

indeed, If not 1st ed, 2nd ed. That is fun.

But 3/3.5 gets boring the more you play it...

adam 25 Sep 2003 21:03

I like the revised Monsters Manual though

AcidK 25 Sep 2003 22:35

If you wanted revised monster's manual then play AD&D, any version. Although AD&D is a tinsy bit difficult to play via forums.

Heiro 25 Sep 2003 23:23

er... as will any form of d&d be... As its more reliant on the DM than the stats.

Flik 29 Sep 2003 02:46

True...But i really like this T.R.O.L.L picture, troll

Do i have to put all those dots just to say T.roll....

Zappa Tenderlea 29 Sep 2003 06:22

troll?