Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Der Electionem Lokal (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190768)

Deepflow 3 May 2006 23:06

Der Electionem Lokal

So who is everyone going to vote for? Predictions? What effect will it have on Tony? Is anything even vaguely interesting going to happen tomorrow? Will anyone actually post in this thread? All these questions and more will hopefully be answered.

Personally I transferred my vote to my Mum so she could vote by proxy for me in London, it only seemed fair as she cares far more than me and I don't even know which party is in control of this council. Apathy? Perhaps, but at least my vote will serve some use.

Ste 3 May 2006 23:19

Re: Der Electionem Lokal

no elections in nottingham and i'm not registered in manchester...

Labour look set to lose a lot of votes :)
The BNP look to get a lot :(

furball 3 May 2006 23:23

If I was voting in the local elections then I'd vote Tory and pray that the modernisers manage to prevent the socially conservative traditionalists from having any influence whatsoever.

However, I don't appear to be able to vote - probably because of some devolution nonsense.

Nondescript Human 3 May 2006 23:24

I actually voted for the bloody Tories at the general election since it was between them and Labour in my constituency (turned out pretty close too, only 91 votes in it) and I'm ****ing sick of Labour. So if I vote tomorrow it'll be for the Lib Dems, unless I see someone more interesting on the ballot paper.

Phang 3 May 2006 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
If I was voting in the local elections then I'd vote Tory and pray that the modernisers manage to prevent the socially conservative traditionalists from having any influence whatsoever.

However, I don't appear to be able to vote - probably because of some devolution nonsense.

only 1/3 of wards are electing.

i would like to see a lot of lab/someone NOCs but some labour control losses so that it hastens tony's fall without actually weakening the broader labour party which I believe can still be redeemed.

Stew 4 May 2006 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
no elections in the dlz
Labour look set to lose a lot of votes :)
The BNP look to get a lot :(

Vaio 4 May 2006 00:19

I finally got some election material tonight from the prospective conservative one. I have no idea who the liberal bod is. The labour guy was a teacher at my old secondary school and as he was a useless teacher, I'm not sure how he can be an effective councillor. He got in last time and has done basically nothing.

I've only voting for the tory as she is hot.

Demon Dave 4 May 2006 00:42

I'm at uni at the moment, so my Mum will be voting on my behalf. I don't even know who's standing, but I'll probably instruct her to vote Lib Dem

Yahwe 4 May 2006 07:46

i predict record low voter turnout

innit

pyirt 4 May 2006 10:15

I usually vote labour, but unfortunately the current labour candidate is a total wanker who is trying to close down a few of the pubs I go to round here. So I won`t be voting for him :[

Marilyn Manson 4 May 2006 10:51

There's no elections in Teesside. Not that it matters anyway, since round here they weigh the Labour votes rather than counting them. Despite which, I still manage to live in a Tory ward. So it's the worst of both worlds, really.