Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Planetarion Manual Simplification / Modification (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200108)

Tomkat 31 Aug 2013 02:06

Planetarion Manual Simplification / Modification

The stats page is overly complicated. One of the (relatively easy) things the game could do to be revamped is have a very basic manual (5-6 pages) and then if people really want to find out more then they can go to Advanced versions of each page.

The stats page (for example) really only needs the race, name of ship, targets, EMP/Steal etc. The rest of it is relevant for people who actually want to run calcs etc but for a quick glance that page is pretty overwhelming for people.

Mistwraith 31 Aug 2013 06:37

Re: Nagging over tiny things

The stats page is a bit of a legacy from the early days, its not changed at all that i can see, there could be a simplified version for those that want it, but for the pre round decisions on what race to choose and those who do want to make stats suggestions, the other stuff is needed.
Though the default load could be the simplified one.

Tomkat 31 Aug 2013 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwraith (Post 3224936)
The stats page is a bit of a legacy from the early days, its not changed at all that i can see, there could be a simplified version for those that want it, but for the pre round decisions on what race to choose and those who do want to make stats suggestions, the other stuff is needed.
Though the default load could be the simplified one.

Sure, there could be OPTION to see the advanced version. How many people actually look at the armor ratios etc though? When I look through it I make an assumption that all races will be balanced but obviously EMP is going to be more efficient etc etc. It's the classes and targets which are important.

Kaiba 1 Sep 2013 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat (Post 3224937)
Sure, there could be OPTION to see the advanced version. How many people actually look at the armor ratios etc though? When I look through it I make an assumption that all races will be balanced but obviously EMP is going to be more efficient etc etc. It's the classes and targets which are important.

NEVER ASSUME! (Especially when Tia is making stats!!)

Mzyxptlk 1 Sep 2013 10:45

This thing is apparently not tiny. Please move it to a new thread.

Tomkat 1 Sep 2013 19:02

Hiding a couple of columns in tables and making two separate webpages for a manual isn't tiny?

(I can't move posts, sorry :p )

Mzyxptlk 1 Sep 2013 20:52

Considering this is the sixth post about it, apparently not. See first post.

Appocomaster 1 Sep 2013 21:00

Re: Planetarion Manual Simplification / Modification

I can - moved. Discussion can continue!