Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I have trouble waking up some days (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=186317)

s|k 8 Jul 2005 12:09

I have trouble waking up some days

So I crawl out of bed, fall on the floor, and then I lay on the cold hard floor until the uncomfortablness of it all wakes me up. I told my coworkers and they all laughed at me and think I'm weird. :/ But it works!

SilverSmoke 8 Jul 2005 12:10

Re: I have trouble waking up some days

It's cool to be weird!

Fine thread by the way.

ChubbyChecker 8 Jul 2005 12:14

Sometimes I'm asleep but I feel like I'm completely awake. I just lie there in the darkness. I try to open my eyes and get up but I can't cos I'm asleep. I start to panic and think I'm not breathing and shit. Being asleep I can't tell if I'm breathing or not, I just assume I'm suffocating. Sometimes I even manage to open my eyes for a few seconds but since I'm asleep I shut them again pretty much straight away. It really freaks me out while it's happening since I'm too asleep to rationalise wtf is going on.

Does anybody else get this or am I an abnormal freak?

SilverSmoke 8 Jul 2005 12:16

INTERNET

s|k 8 Jul 2005 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Sometimes I'm asleep but I feel like I'm completely awake. I just lie there in the darkness. I try to open my eyes and get up but I can't cos I'm asleep. I start to panic and think I'm not breathing and shit. Being asleep I can't tell if I'm breathing or not, I just assume I'm suffocating. Sometimes I even manage to open my eyes for a few seconds but since I'm asleep I shut them again pretty much straight away. It really freaks me out while it's happening since I'm too asleep to rationalise wtf is going on.

Yeah I've gotten that. I've also had the feeling of wakign up and being unable to move, and then for some crazy reason I try to say something, but I can't. When I was a kid it would scare me and I'd try to yell and all I could do was barely do anything but make simple sounds despite a lot of effort. There's actually a medical term for this 'half' wake state. It's totally normal.

hyfe 8 Jul 2005 14:09

I get that moderatly often too. I generally just think it's fun/weird.

Radical Edward 8 Jul 2005 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by s|k
So I crawl out of bed, fall on the floor, and then I lay on the cold hard floor until the uncomfortablness of it all wakes me up. I told my coworkers and they all laughed at me and think I'm weird. :/ But it works!

omg u have teh aids.

lokken 8 Jul 2005 14:39

i use bonnie tyler - holding out for a hero for my alarm clock

so shit, it'll get anyone out of bed to turn the ****er off.

pyirt 8 Jul 2005 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker

I`ve had something similar before, though not very often. It`s like some sort of paralysis, your`re sort of aware, but can`t move or speak, even if you try. Very odd.

MrL_JaKiri 8 Jul 2005 15:50

Go to sleep earlier.

CjC 8 Jul 2005 16:56

I have difficulty getting up on weekdays, I think it has something to do with having to get up for work.

And its a bit more tricky from Friday thru to Sunday because they are hangover days.

....I've had sleep paralysis before, not very nice but the vivid dreaming that sometimes occurs also goes a reasonable way to explaining OOBE for me (As I have half dreamt floating up from the bed and seeing myself before).

btw - never let your partner decide to start drinking decaffienated coffee in the house without telling you first (if you are an avvid coffee drinker) - this makes previous waking situations somewhat more difficult.

Squidly 8 Jul 2005 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken
i use bonnie tyler - holding out for a hero for my alarm clock

so shit, it'll get anyone out of bed to turn the ****er off.

lol. That's not half bad actually.

I can't sleep without music on... So my wake-up call is usually something along the lines of a beeping alarm clock across the room... So I have to get up to go hit the snooze button, and then it's a moot point anyways.

This makes me grouchy though :(

furball 8 Jul 2005 17:20

Last Friday, I was determined that I'd get up to watch the second Lions test the next morning. Upon arriving home after a night out on the piss, I realised that I'd better set an alarm.

I woke up Saturday morning with 5 alarms going, scattered around my room. After a hunt for the final alarm buried underneath my bed, I then realised that my radio was on full blast :( the parents were not impressed.

Dead_Meat 8 Jul 2005 17:31

Have children.

relik 8 Jul 2005 18:00

I took a disposable camera apart once and proceeded to learn how to shock the hell out of myself with it. Worked like a charm when I needed an extra kick to wake me up in the morning...

dda 8 Jul 2005 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by s|k

This is your brain on drugs.

Marilyn Manson 8 Jul 2005 18:11

Wake up s|k, I think I got something to say to you.

s|k 8 Jul 2005 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Wake up s|k, I think I got something to say to you.

Go ahead and say it. I have no secrets here. Except that thing with Dace's mum and oh then there was that thing with spiderman and his dog...but..well, anyhow, you were saying?

ChubbyChecker 8 Jul 2005 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by s|k
Yeah I've gotten that. I've also had the feeling of wakign up and being unable to move, and then for some crazy reason I try to say something, but I can't. When I was a kid it would scare me and I'd try to yell and all I could do was barely do anything but make simple sounds despite a lot of effort. There's actually a medical term for this 'half' wake state. It's totally normal.

What's weird is that it's happened to me 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months but never before. It started soon after my nervous breakdown so I thought that maybe I got brain damaged or something.

Marilyn Manson 8 Jul 2005 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by s|k
Go ahead and say it.

It's late September and I really should be back at school.