Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Round 34 officially over (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198321)

CBA 1 Dec 2009 12:35

Round 34 officially over

The final decision of the block to hit VsN instead of Ascendancy has imo, tipped this round over and Ascendancy have once again proven dominant.. even without there machine-like players.

Veil05 1 Dec 2009 12:42

Re: Round 34 officially over

They hit asc too i think, quite hard as well.. tham took it all. like a good little trooper.

Duo 1 Dec 2009 12:48

If you say so, then I suppose that settles it.

Gabriel 1 Dec 2009 12:58

CBA said it so it must be true

HRH_H_Crab 1 Dec 2009 14:13

Asc in "likely to win round" shocker!

Alki 1 Dec 2009 19:43

I am a machine!!!!!!!!!!!!

isildurx 1 Dec 2009 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki (Post 3184632)
I am a machine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiall 1 Dec 2009 21:33

I thought asc tag had been stolen and they were actually denial??

isildurx 1 Dec 2009 21:40

Afraid you are in denial dude.

rUl3r 1 Dec 2009 22:09

Maybe the block just sees an "anti-block" (VsN/App/Asc) and try to hit the supposedly weakest link, who knows...

Mzyxptlk 1 Dec 2009 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by isildurx (Post 3184637)
Afraid you are in denial dude.

That just never gets old, does it? :)

Gate 2 Dec 2009 02:55

If Apprime decide to go for the win, would VisioN side with them, or Asc, or sit by the side?

tetrac 2 Dec 2009 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate (Post 3184646)
If Apprime decide to go for the win, would VisioN side with them, or Asc, or sit by the side?

Apprime are outroiding Ascendancy by a considerably margin so they are on track to win to be honest.

Who wins will depend greatly on who ND/Euph/DLR want to focus their attacks on. With that in mind my money is on Ascendancy as Apprime politics seem to be terrible.

Turtle 2 Dec 2009 05:54

App/Vsn/Asc are going to be busy with euph/nd/dlr for the rest of the round. There is vengeance to be had.

Gerbie2 2 Dec 2009 07:50

Unless one of them switches sides at the last moment to secure a win.
Or VsN doesn't like getting roided. They did so well staying out of trouble.

Mzyxptlk 2 Dec 2009 08:05

While organised targetting of VsN would perhaps make them drop out of the block at some point, doing so is basically the same as saying, "here you go Ascendancy/Apprime, have another round win!"

As for who's going to win, I guess we both have a shot to take it, but my money is on Ascendancy, as it has been from the start.

gzambo 2 Dec 2009 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetrac (Post 3184647)
With that in mind my money is on Ascendancy as Apprime politics seem to be terrible.

you might want to revise that as Theam is doing politics this round for ascendancy :p

Turtle 2 Dec 2009 09:52

Erm, no hes not! (only when he can't control himself)

rUl3r 2 Dec 2009 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo (Post 3184651)
you might want to revise that as Theam is doing politics this round for ascendancy :p

I tought Reese is our all caring mother now, after father JBG left :p
Theam looks more like the annoying teenage son to me :D

Knight Theamion 2 Dec 2009 09:53

Turtle is right on this one. All I have been doing is holding hands!

Gio2k 2 Dec 2009 10:43

I'll put my money on Apprime this time. It's a matter of how long Vsn can take the pounding before they lose interest in logging in, and then the block should go for Asc.

Turtle 2 Dec 2009 10:46

Except whilst the block is busy with Vsn, ND is losing all its roids.

Makhil 2 Dec 2009 11:00

VSN has picked a side, it is normal that war is brought to them. I'm sure even them didn't think they would just enjoy happy roiding with Asc/App respecting the nap and the other side leaving them alone.

Gate 2 Dec 2009 11:42

Hitting VsN seemed a pretty sensible thing to do if they couldn't get them to change sides. Afaik Asc have never had their morale broken in a war and I don't think this block is enough to do that (unless they suddenly got a load of better BCs and members who can keep up 24/7 attacking?).

Just in case the war goes on for a significant time, it only takes a night or 2 to cut down VsN's roids and seriously reduce their income for the next weeks, not to mention the boost to your own morale and the possibility of persuading them to back down.

It looks like Apprime have proven to be more easily roidable than Asc, despite their impressive attacking. The only way I see them winning are if the block concentrates entirely on Asc all the time, or Apprime switch to hitting Asc at some point.

I think the most likely outcome is that Asc/Apprime/VsN will win the block war, Apprime get crumbled by Asc if they're in front, or Apprime go begging other alliances for help. But they've left it too late and everyone tells them to go fist themselves.

tobbe 2 Dec 2009 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k (Post 3184656)
I'll put my money on Apprime this time. It's a matter of how long Vsn can take the pounding before they lose interest in logging in, and then the block should go for Asc.

tbh, we needed this, activity havent been higher before :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate
not to mention the boost to your own morale and the possibility of persuading them to back down.

if anything our will to fight has become higher now!

Turtle 2 Dec 2009 12:20

Vsn roided really well when left alone, I'm not sure how much good this will do. Thus far its clear that Euphoria/DLR have benefited immensely from the sacrifice of ND/Subh/CT during this war and have avoided incs. Will be interesting to see how well they do if the focus changes to them.

rUl3r 2 Dec 2009 12:30

Tobbe, do I get you right your alliance sorta went to war for the sake of fighting a war and have fun while doing so? That would be pretty cool :D

SteInMetz 2 Dec 2009 12:34

I think it's more like that he's in 1:2 and doesn't have the incs like the rest of the alliance!

Knight Theamion 2 Dec 2009 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteInMetz (Post 3184663)
I think it's more like that he's in 1:2 and doesn't have the incs like the rest of the alliance!

You actually mean to say is that ND/Euph/DLR or whoever will never hit 1:2 anyway?

JonnyBGood 2 Dec 2009 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate (Post 3184659)
Hitting VsN seemed a pretty sensible thing to do if they couldn't get them to change sides.

If you don't care about #1 at all then yeah sure. Then again that's hardly that surprising given the nature of this block.

tobbe 2 Dec 2009 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteInMetz (Post 3184663)

while this is true, i still wake up 3-5 times at night to send/recall/resend def, and get up around 6 every day to dc, so incs on me or not, im still doing my share.

tobbe 2 Dec 2009 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by rUl3r (Post 3184662)
Tobbe, do I get you right your alliance sorta went to war for the sake of fighting a war and have fun while doing so? That would be pretty cool :D

Na, we aint that cool sadly :(

Turtle 2 Dec 2009 13:17

clearly you should exile so you get incs too tobbe!

CBA 2 Dec 2009 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3184664)
You actually mean to say is that ND/Euph/DLR or whoever will never hit 1:2 anyway?

no? look at the previous time...

Knight Theamion 2 Dec 2009 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3184669)
no? look at the previous time...

43 17 14 83 FENCESITTING 5,236 3,477,068 4,338,608 3,576,856 10 15.06 14,359 -5.6% 16.1% 17.4% Fri 06/11/2009

5 1 4 55 Roid Magnets 13,809 16,153,733 19,237,133 17,666,863 13 8.55 51,390 -0.6% 7.6% 7.5% Thu 19/11/2009

5 1 4 55 Roid Magnets 13,809 16,153,733 19,237,133 17,666,863 13 8.55 51,390 -0.6% 7.6% 7.5% Thu 19/11/2009

didn't include the last time of roidlosses as that was Lukey getting roided.

What are you trying to say CBA?

Mzyxptlk 2 Dec 2009 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 3184661)
Vsn roided really well when left alone, I'm not sure how much good this will do. Thus far its clear that Euphoria/DLR have benefited immensely from the sacrifice of ND/Subh/CT during this war and have avoided incs. Will be interesting to see how well they do if the focus changes to them.

We'd have to be retarded to target Euphoria or DLR. They are not competition to our potential #1 finish.

SteInMetz 2 Dec 2009 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobbe (Post 3184666)
while this is true, i still wake up 3-5 times at night to send/recall/resend def, and get up around 6 every day to dc, so incs on me or not, im still doing my share.

I don't doubt you do your share, and that wasn't really the point of my post either.
I'm just saying it's generally much easier to keep morale up if you're not the one with 2-3 uncovered waves each morning.

Turtle 2 Dec 2009 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3184671)
We'd have to be retarded to target Euphoria or DLR. They are not competition to our potential #1 finish.

They're the enemy this round, maybe you missed the memo :p

[ND]Byrney 2 Dec 2009 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3184671)

We actually had some incs from Apprime and Asc (not full force or anything though) the other day, I'm not really sure why either but there we go!

DrunkenViking 2 Dec 2009 20:34

Lots of retardation around this round. Still enjoying it tho :)
Whoever thought VsN would back out of their deal with asc/app because of a gangbang must be lobotomized. If anything you only concreted the fact that we will NOT back down :) It's actually fun to lose roids as long as you know your side is still winning due to the oppositions retardation :D

Edit:
Yes, retardation is my "word of the day", deal with it!

[ND]Byrney 2 Dec 2009 20:51

Well we had 3 options:

-Continue to slowly grind down Ascendancy at 4-5% a day (outcome: Apprime win)
-Do the same to Apprime (outcome: Ascendancy win)
-Take the free roids on offer from Vision (outcome: Ascendancy and Apprime both still in the picture for the time being)

Hitting Apprime or Asc the last two days wouldn't have stopped ND losing roids, nor would it have put ND in with a better shot than what we've done by hitting Vision. Yes, we'd hoped Vision would be more readily persuaded by the first night of incs and would have accepted our NAP offer last night (it was on the table for anyone who cares) but even without it the small chance of an ND win hasn't really been effected by the events of the last 2 nights and if VisioN had taken the NAP we'd be in a stronger position.

Basically I think most people have seen that it's been a 2 horse race for about 4-5 days now and suggesting that the decision to hit VisioN was what decided the round is ludicrous.

Nightwolf 2 Dec 2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney (Post 3184681)
Well we had 3 options:

-Take the free roids on offer from Vision (outcome: Ascendancy and Apprime both still in the picture for the time being)

Hitting Apprime or Asc the last two days wouldn't have stopped ND losing roids, nor would it have put ND in with a better shot than what we've done by hitting Vision. Yes, we'd hoped Vision would be more readily persuaded by the first night of incs and would have accepted our NAP offer last night (it was on the table for anyone who cares) but even without it the small chance of an ND win hasn't really been effected by the events of the last 2 nights and if VisioN had taken the NAP we'd be in a stronger position.

Basically I think most people have seen that it's been a 2 horse race for about 4-5 days now and suggesting that the decision to hit VisioN was what decided the round is ludicrous.

Took a few posts, but finally someone who got it!

JonnyBGood 2 Dec 2009 21:06

Quote:

Hitting Apprime or Asc the last two days wouldn't have stopped ND losing roids, nor would it have put ND in with a better shot than what we've done by hitting Vision.

Wow. I mean wow. I mean words fail me. I don't think ND would have won anyways but pretending that hitting a random fat alliance in the other block is no different to hitting the leading alliance in terms of helping the leading alliance in your own block is just outright retarded.

I'll help spell it out for you. By hitting an alliance you're more likely to curtail their score growth than you are by not hitting them. Curtailing an alliance's score growth means its competitors do better relatively speaking.

You had 3 options because of the way you (general you) approached the round by gathering a five or six alliance block to hit one particular alliance because you (specific you this time as it was DLR and euphoria) were too shit to deal with them yourselves. You forced Ascendancy into dealing with Apprime out of fear at being left out. You decided that instead of appealing to Vision's willingness to balance the round in 3/4 days when Ascendancy and Apprime took the lead you'd be better off hitting them now, taking their roids for your planets and hoping they'd join you afterwards. You then tried offering Apprime a nap if they'd join you in hitting ascendancy (and god knows you've probably offered the same to Ascendancy by now). I hope they all roid your precious planets into dust.

I mean the track record of most people in your block seems to mostly consist of varying methods of how to lose rounds when you outnumber the other side horrifically. It's just cringe-worthy at this stage. The best part is the number of excuses everyone manages to come up with afterwards. Attempting to paint this as a scenario where you just couldn't do anything and found yourselves forced into a corner when you've had the political initiative and numbers on your side for the entire round is derisory. Try and fight an actual war at some point in the next fifteen rounds please.

DrunkenViking 2 Dec 2009 21:08

Quote:

Well we had 3 options:

So what you're saying is that your block consisting of some 380 members are not able to stagnate the growth of 2 allies consisting of 114 members, so you rather decided to focus on a single ally of 57 members because it's free roids? Ye, thats not retardation at all, its just incompetance beyond retardation...
Quote:

With this defencive mentality it's clear that you never even believed in yourself. You had a huge advantage in numbers, score and roids, and you still thought it was a 2 horse race between asc and app...? GG!

Gio2k 2 Dec 2009 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenViking (Post 3184680)
Lots of retardation around this round. Still enjoying it tho :)
Whoever thought VsN would back out of their deal with asc/app because of a gangbang must be lobotomized. If anything you only concreted the fact that we will NOT back down :) It's actually fun to lose roids as long as you know your side is still winning due to the oppositions retardation :D

Edit:
Yes, retardation is my "word of the day", deal with it!

I don't think the block is doing this to get Vision to back down on their deal. But hitting them is a logical choice. Thumbs up for Tobbe for waking up to send def and DC, but Vision is not only Tobbe, and they are the weakest link to break. Sure, Asc and Apprime are benefitting from the block not hitting them these last days, but the round has still some 2 weeks left i think, and Vsn should break in a couple of days. Then the block can concentrate on either Asc or Apprime. The interesting thing will be the reaction of the ally that gets lucky. Will they turn on their partner to seize the win?

JonnyBGood 2 Dec 2009 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k (Post 3184685)
Will they turn on their partner to seize the win?

Somehow I doubt it. A round win granted to you on the back of the other guy getting hit by a really large block is totally worthless.

Gio2k 2 Dec 2009 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184683)
Wow. I mean wow. I mean words fail me. I don't think ND would have won anyways but pretending that hitting a random fat alliance in the other block is no different to hitting the leading alliance in terms of helping the leading alliance in your own block is just outright retarded.

That is not what he said though. He didn't say hitting Vsn is no different than hitting Asc. He said that ND would have been targetted / lost roids, no matter who they target in the block.
NDs decision is a calculated risk. They think concentrating on Vsn now will give them a better chance to deal with Asc later.

Gio2k 2 Dec 2009 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3184686)
Somehow I doubt it. A round win granted to you on the back of the other guy getting hit by a really large block is totally worthless.

Maybe they don't need to. Maybe they only need to see the block concentrating on Asc, and add some members for the last mile needed to win. There are a couple of now unallied players sitting in top gals gathering score.

isildurx 2 Dec 2009 21:47

I only speak for myself here, but if i had to choose between winning the round as an ally, and roiding the enemy dry, I'd choose roiding the enemy dry. Hopefully both will happen though!

JonnyBGood 2 Dec 2009 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k (Post 3184687)
That is not what he said though. He didn't say hitting Vsn is no different than hitting Asc. He said that ND would have been targetted / lost roids, no matter who they target in the block.
NDs decision is a calculated risk. They think concentrating on Vsn now will give them a better chance to deal with Asc later.

Quote:

nor would it have put ND in with a better shot than what we've done by hitting Vision
Now unless you want to start talking about how totally random things are really the same due to "political actions"... but at that point you could say that hitting nobody and gathering some roids off roiding random newbie planets is the way forward. Even if you want to considering the fact that Vision haven't exactly backed off I'm still going with "wow, that was retarded".