Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Advanced quests rewards ? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197696)

Makhil 17 Apr 2009 06:13

Advanced quests rewards ?

I see no rewards in the advanced quests, will there be some ? when will we know about them ?

Thanks

Appocomaster 20 Apr 2009 14:57

Re: Advanced quests rewards ?

I'm going to leave them out for this round, to allow the quests to be bedded in. Their primary purpose was always to guide new players in rather than to complicate startup guides even further to try and wring a few more resources from things. I want to check they work first, and a few bugs seem to always slip through beta, so this is safer.

[DW]Entropy 20 Apr 2009 14:59

is there a progress page which shows you what part of each quest you've completed?

Appocomaster 20 Apr 2009 15:05

click a quest in the "Status (click for breakdown)" column

[DW]Entropy 20 Apr 2009 15:09

Galaxy/Alliance Setup 6/7 (85%)
This category guides you in how to setup communications in your galaxy and how to join an alliance
Reward: Gain 200 XP

just tells me ive done 6/7...doesnt tell me which one i haven't done.

EDIT: I stand corrected...was clicking the wrong title...thanks for your help

Appocomaster 20 Apr 2009 15:23

There is a lot of clicking that can be done, I was never sure how to make it more clear that you can expand it so many ways to get different information out :(

[DW]Entropy 20 Apr 2009 15:26

clicking the name should just give you the breakdown of each item, the description of each quest seems pretty self explanatory.

Mzyxptlk 20 Apr 2009 17:24

This.

Zeyi 20 Apr 2009 17:33

I don't think advanced/expert quests even need rewards, since then they only advantage the better players anyway (or atleast in the case of expert) because the reward will either by completely insignificant and worthless, or will just make a top planet even harder to catch up with.

If you ever get the passport system implemented you could just have within your profile which of the expert quests you've completed and what rounds (like Xbox live gamerscore and achievements sort of thing).

GReaper 20 Apr 2009 18:19

I think part of the problem is that quests should've been seperated into two entirely different systems - tutorial and achievements.

Tutorial needs to be far more newbie friendly and shouldn't have to be manually started at all! Achievements should be a sort of side thing which adds fluff to the game, not something which gives rewards.

[DW]Entropy 20 Apr 2009 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3171936)

i don't get it..

Makhil 21 Apr 2009 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GReaper (Post 3171950)
I think part of the problem is that quests should've been seperated into two entirely different systems - tutorial and achievements.

Tutorial needs to be far more newbie friendly and shouldn't have to be manually started at all! Achievements should be a sort of side thing which adds fluff to the game, not something which gives rewards.

Completely agree. Advanced and Expert quests have nothing of a tutorial... completing 3,000 scans... I hope the noobs know about scanning before they reach that mark.
Problem is, if it doesn't give any reward, what's the purpose of Advanced and Expert ?

An idea: each of those quests gives a medal, create a page to list the planets achievements: example

Mzyxptlk 21 Apr 2009 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy (Post 3171969)
i don't get it..

Hover over the quest names.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GReaper (Post 3171950)

This. Yes.

[DW]Entropy 21 Apr 2009 09:34

The expert quest doesn't look likely to be finished by everyone, people either go cov ops or scanners, not usually both. I'm not sure on numbers but those figures only seem likely if people fit those roles

Mzyxptlk 21 Apr 2009 09:41

I think that's the point of them.

Heartless 21 Apr 2009 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy (Post 3172008)
The expert quest doesn't look likely to be finished by everyone, people either go cov ops or scanners, not usually both. I'm not sure on numbers but those figures only seem likely if people fit those roles

Errr, and here I thought I did both of it last round!

Veedeejem! 21 Apr 2009 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy (Post 3172008)

Lots of people do both, res hack to get money to scan, scan to get more targets to res hack...

[DW]Entropy 21 Apr 2009 10:23

My apologies, i was wrong. Still learning i guess!