Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Hull change (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198426)

MrLobster 2 Jan 2010 17:04

Hull change

1) Make all Hulls available to research from the the start.

2) Each research for hulls is 3600 (36 hours approx).

3) Remove the research restriction on Xan.

4) Unify ETA on all units.

5) Launch all fleets on current "CR/BS" ETA's (base eta 13).

6) Add 5th research line for Travel Time (so max is -5, eta 8 with max research).

Mzyxptlk 2 Jan 2010 17:19

Re: Hull change

why

JonnyBGood 2 Jan 2010 17:21

I don't get 3). Each race has different research speeds, there is no "restriction on xan", just a slower speed. If anything pa should be faster so people can actually do shit if they have some time for it. I do like 1), I proposed something like that before and I'm sure there are plenty of similar suggestions floating around in terms of decreasing the amount of linearity in PA. 4) would, in my opinion, decrease the tactical element which exists in PA and as such I'd be opposed. EIther way this suggestion is about as likely to be implemented as I am to grow wings and fly to Pluto to apologise for the fact it's no longer considered a planet. I'm actually slightly confused as to why you'd even bother posting it (no offence intended to the quality of the suggestion).

MrLobster 2 Jan 2010 17:38

The current ETA system was based on the old style single pod stats, now each race has a POD type(s).

TER have to train up to DE before they can get an attack fleet (most will likely go to BS), while xan only need do first level.

I also dont see why the restriction on research on xan is any good. Doing it the above way is better for all.and is more balanced.

Makhil 2 Jan 2010 18:15

Who cares about balance, we need fun. Gate's set of stats was the most balanced ever, it was terrible.

MrLobster 2 Jan 2010 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3186868)
Who cares about balance, we need fun. Gate's set of stats was the most balanced ever, it was terrible.

This isnt a stats thing, more a gameplay thing.

Heartless 2 Jan 2010 21:56

Didn't you suggest this before without any good reason? Or was that someone else?

rUl3r 5 Jan 2010 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makhil (Post 3186868)

Are you referring to the stats when EMP fired more efficient on T2 than T1? I found that rather weird.

Makhil 5 Jan 2010 02:24

it was so much balanced you couldn't attack anyone and nobody could attack you...

Machado 5 Jan 2010 15:22

I actually like suggestions #1 and #2. Not sure about 4. For one, it probably simplifies faking. While you could argue it is good for offense, dcing could become a nightmare if the attacks are done properly, and people lose their fleets, it'll just cost players. You could argue that it doesn't make that much of a difference, since you can fake about as well anyway, but it makes it more accessible in any case.

Also, similar eta times would really destroy fr/de, although single stats could counter that.