Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dear Angels (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194313)

Jester 19 Apr 2007 07:27

Dear Angels

Failure must seem like a dead end, but it could be a slip road onto the freeway of dreams.

Kargool 19 Apr 2007 07:38

Re: Dear Angels

Did the Angels HC go to a Chinese restaurant and forgot their fortune cookie?

Jester 19 Apr 2007 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
Did the Angels HC go to a Chinese restaurant and forgot their fortune cookie?

Yes. Forgot their fortune cookie indeed.

demiGOD 19 Apr 2007 07:43

Maybe someone else picked it up for them.

Jester 19 Apr 2007 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by demiGOD
Maybe someone else picked it up for them.

It was delicious.

qebab 19 Apr 2007 07:56

Poor Hude. :(

Hude 19 Apr 2007 08:04

"oh dear"

Stoom 19 Apr 2007 08:14

<3 Hude

hook 19 Apr 2007 08:26

For people like me who do not play anymore, but read these forums and like to be entertained; could anyone elaborate on what happened?

Allfather 19 Apr 2007 09:42

The farce is strong with this one.

MaxMilliaN 19 Apr 2007 11:53

ZzzzzZzzz :crymeariver:

JonnyBGood 19 Apr 2007 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by hook
For people like me who do not play anymore, but read these forums and like to be entertained; could anyone elaborate on what happened?

Angels decided to open-source their intel and for a period of time anyone could access their arbiter. This resulted in some 39, the elviz, mactanzu run bg having their co-ords saved slightly differently, angels co-ords being released along with nicks. We in ascendancy would like to offer our sympathy and voice our outrage at this tragic time. Unfortunately in the pre-round pool for tick number for angels to shoot themselves in the foot it appears we were all wildly optimistic with our predictions of 700 plus odd ticks.

I personally would like to extend my sympathy to hude who I'm sure had to sit through some of the most insanely unproductive rants ever on this issue.

hook 19 Apr 2007 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Angels decided to open-source their intel and for a period of time anyone could access their arbiter. This resulted in some 39, the elviz, mactanzu run bg having their co-ords saved slightly differently, angels co-ords being released along with nicks. We in ascendancy would like to offer our sympathy and voice our outrage at this tragic time. Unfortunately in the pre-round pool for tick number for angels to shoot themselves in the foot it appears we were all wildly optimistic with our predictions of 700 plus odd ticks.

I personally would like to extend my sympathy to hude who I'm sure had to sit through some of the most insanely unproductive rants ever on this issue.

Ah, thanks.

PA has changed a lot :(. Fury used to say they played for their own enjoyment, not ours, but I'm quite sure Angels only plays for our enjoyment, and not their own.

MaxMilliaN 19 Apr 2007 12:08

yea man, all the other alliances playing pa are so damn leet! they never ****up or win a round! :]

Hude 19 Apr 2007 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

Actually I think everyone blamed MacTanzu or elviz while I was laughing my ass off.

lizardking 19 Apr 2007 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hude
Actually I think everyone blamed MacTanzu or elviz while I was laughing my ass off.

I decided we're alike for not giving a flyin fk.

:salute:

CBA 19 Apr 2007 14:35

eX and their Intel skills amazes me

Stoom 19 Apr 2007 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA
eX and their Intel skills amazes me

Surely you ment Angels :)

SeqZ 19 Apr 2007 15:57

Ofc not, eX are the evil of all even when they don't play! And hook, stop missing out on all the fun and excitement and sign up :D

CBA 19 Apr 2007 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoom
Surely you ment Angels :)

;)

add100 19 Apr 2007 17:59

can angels ever go into a round and not **** up in the first 200 ticks?

Almeida 19 Apr 2007 18:11

so what; now everyone got some Angel coords due to a mistake at tick ~140 instead at tick ~400 due to intel gathering. doesn't really change much.

funny: yes
really important: no

Stoom 19 Apr 2007 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almeida
so what; now everyone got some Angel coords due to a mistake at tick ~140 instead at tick ~400 due to intel gathering. doesn't really change much.

typical: yes.

Jester 19 Apr 2007 19:07

Quote:

This is what games are about.

Quote:

This is not what games are about.

If I wanted really important, I'd pray for cancer.

Willzzz 19 Apr 2007 19:18

Amsuing read.

But what i am confused about is why are people claiming Angels ****ed up? To me the exi BG which is part of angels did the **** up. And i feel sorry for Angels core members. As it appears that their coords are now all public while there 'partners' who leaked the coords in the first place are safe. Amusing to say the least.

jerome 19 Apr 2007 19:32

because the bg has done fine in their respective alliances for so many rounds. but after 120 ticks of joining angels... ;)

Almeida 19 Apr 2007 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
This is not what games are about.

If I wanted really important, I'd pray for cancer.

i know; my answer wasn't directed at you or other ppl who simply laughed about that.

my post was directed at people who think that Angels ****ed their round up with this.

ComradeRob 19 Apr 2007 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willzzz
Amsuing read.

But what i am confused about is why are people claiming Angels ****ed up? To me the exi BG which is part of angels did the **** up. And i feel sorry for Angels core members. As it appears that their coords are now all public while there 'partners' who leaked the coords in the first place are safe. Amusing to say the least.

But they're part of Angels. This kind of thing has always been a risk with taking in wings, BGs or autonomous groups of any kind. In this case though, I'm not sure that it would be right for 'core' Angels members to throw blame around. It looks like an honest mistake rather than some kind of cunning ploy or treachery.

The problem for Angels has always been their inability to instil the level of loyalty in their ordinary members that was felt by their core members, officers and HC (or most of them, at least). Ultimately, when the shit has hit the fan for Angels, they have turned on each other, or simply given up, in a way that 1up or eXilition would not have done. This must be greatly frustrating for the core members who have worked very hard (and Angels has, over the rounds, had some very loyal and committed individual members), although it's greatly amusing for the rest of us.

Kargool 19 Apr 2007 19:56

I introduce to you the Angels virus.

You join the alliance Angels, and becomes completely incompetent within the first 200 ticks of a round.

Achilles 19 Apr 2007 20:18

elviz has had quite a few arbiter "incidents" in his career now. I hesitate to stick up for Angels but if they didn't cause the others then they may not have caused this. The fact that it's exactly like something that would happen to Angels can be put down to coincidence.

Allfather 19 Apr 2007 21:01

With 10 people left playing planetarion, who gives a flying fk?
Wont notice the difference between now and before.

Mzyxptlk 20 Apr 2007 00:09

Quote:

I introduce to you the PA Team virus.

You join the PA Team, and becomes completely incompetent within the first 200 ticks of a round.

Sometimes even sooner!

lokken 20 Apr 2007 02:29

Quote:

my post was directed at people who think that Angels ****ed their round up with this.

Obviously not, but it's a fantastic start.

Stoom 20 Apr 2007 05:53

Quote:

I introduce to you the Angels virus.

You join the alliance Angels, and becomes completely incompetent within the first 200 ticks of a round.

I nearly pissed my pants here! Why aren't you Angels HC yet, Kargool? I bet you'd fit in nicely.

Hude 20 Apr 2007 08:04

To the idiots drawing conclusions based on this thread trying to look funny without knowing what actually happened: (1) the ARBITER was NOT public, it was the unfinished Sandman's like public tools that hadn't been totally cleaned from old code and had something not meant to be there, (2) this has nothing to do with previous rounds.

Yes, it was a stupid mistake because noone remembered it.

Now that it has been cleared up, **** off from my pm.

hook 20 Apr 2007 09:19

Quote:

Not yet. Even though, given they're not going to play the sympathy card (which I truely believe they are entitled to with their impressive track record), it's a good start to help them on their way.

Furbie_Fanatic 20 Apr 2007 18:43

Awesome. This changes everything?:confused:

The incident was a well executed counter-intel operation. Arbiter filled with bogus coords/nicks. :rolleyes:

Rambo2k 20 Apr 2007 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allfather
With 10 people left playing planetarion, who gives a flying fk?
Wont notice the difference between now and before.

they up to 10 ppl playing now ?

Allfather 20 Apr 2007 18:52

Yes, 5 of em me :(

Rambo2k 20 Apr 2007 19:20

Dident know u where that dedicated

Death666 20 Apr 2007 19:27

does this really matter anyway?? after a couple of weeks all cords will be out so not a big deal

The Real Arfy 20 Apr 2007 19:36

You're missing the whole "typical hilarity" point.

Nadar 20 Apr 2007 22:31

AD has been boring for years now and when finally something hilarious happens, it just had to be about Angels :)

Gio2k 22 Apr 2007 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
You're missing the whole "typical hilarity" point.

No. You are all missing the typical "let's blame Angels for everything they do" point.
The only alliance who i can say has never ****ed up anything is eXi.
Even 1up got their coords leaked. They also ****ed up when Ascendancy won the round, and not them. ND made shitloads of bad decisions ending in them not winning a single round to date. VGN could have won last round, but didn't. So could have Destiny. Wolfpack blew their chance to win a round once. LCH lost against 1up so many times it's not even funny anymore. Ascendancy are a bunch of EX-TOP-PLAYERS who now have nothing better to do than sit through the round waiting for other alliances to make mistakes so they can laugh in their faces ("while you were trying we were sleeping" - ROFL).
TGV and the rest of the alliances are a joke which never have had any impact whatsoever in the last 10 rounds, yet some of their HC come here and have the nerve of making fun of alliances who PLAY to win.
Personally, i have a lot of friends in Angels, and they are MUCH better players than the avg poster.

furball 22 Apr 2007 19:28

You're pretty harsh on quite a few alliances there. 1up's failure to win Round 16, for example, was pretty much unavoidable by the time the scale of Ascendancy's lead was known. NewDawn played superb politics just to get to the positions they did, although in more recent rounds they have been weaker.

I'll also note your decision to try to offend just about every other top 10 alliance that you hadn't already mentioned, including F-Crew, ROCK, TGV, Tides of Fire, VisioN and xVx.

Go go Angels diplomacy :)

jerome 22 Apr 2007 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k
Ascendancy are a bunch of EX-TOP-PLAYERS.

yeah, they've only had the most players in top 100 of any alliance last round, with all of top 4.

jerome 22 Apr 2007 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
Ascendancy's current playing style hasn't changed since the beginning - the nature of each round is far more influential on how successful they are as a group.

don't talk about things you don't know anything about please

Gio2k 22 Apr 2007 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerome
yeah, they've only had the most players in top 100 of any alliance last round, with all of top 4.

2 words: XP round.

Benneh 22 Apr 2007 19:39

But lets be honest, most asc posters are far above average?

AM I RIGHT? <3

jerome 22 Apr 2007 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio2k
2 words: XP round.

and r19? 7 in-tag ascendancy planets in top 100, all with strong value whilst we only had 20~ in-tag?

also my bad, didn't realise 'xp rounds' meant they weren't top.